PDA

View Full Version : stock rods

novawez
05-09-06, 08:35 PM
alright peeps just wondering if anyone knows anything about makeing a stock rod nova cheers:thumb:

garyc
05-09-06, 09:36 PM
Best get a copy of the rule book and go along to a meeting and ask who is racing. If you want a blueprinted engine you will be looking to pay 800 upwards.

Dave.
05-09-06, 09:53 PM
no glass :D
lol dont know mate. what garyc said is your best bet

Ricky G
05-09-06, 10:34 PM
segto rules for standlake arena in oxford are
2 uprights and a cross bar = h frame for roll cage
fuel lines and i think brake lines go inside the car!
small petrol tank in car obviously.
harness and helmet
they tend not to let you modify your engine as its a sport for fun and suposed to be cheap! most banger racing websites will giveyou the rules anyway.
where are u thinkin of startin racing?

Nick
05-09-06, 11:08 PM
^ that's about right !

Apart from that, thnk of your own safety, i'd weld drivers door shut, and put a massive doorplate across yourside.

then just weld everything you think it's breakable, as your gonna get a beating !

novawez
06-09-06, 02:47 PM
yep thinkin about doin stock rod racing you are only alowed up to a 1400cc engine thinkin about doin it in a nova there ment to be brill cars to do it in cheers for the info

craig green
06-09-06, 02:54 PM
Make sure you use rusty old buckets please. No mint shells being destroyed!

Nick
06-09-06, 05:50 PM
I'd get something bigger than a nova, but with a puney engine ! if it's anything like bangers, you'l get completly ****ed in the a nova.

Rich
06-09-06, 06:42 PM
Stock rod novas would be up against over novas and maybe a couple of corsas. You can get non contact stock racing as well

Ricky G
06-09-06, 10:19 PM
novas dont do very well in bangers!! but are perfect for non contact. get some stiff lowerd suspension and a negative camber on a 1400 and u will have a race winning car it will just be down to the driving! i was going to start about 4 months ago but im losing my license for speeding so i cant get a van now!:confused::cry: