PDA

View Full Version : Turbo?

Anonymous
11-03-01, 02:00 PM
What is gonna give me a quicker car (All round acceleration) 1.6 GTE with the chip, filter, boost valve, zorst, Highlift cam of some kind and some head work, and then R.R set up. OR turbo the GTE eng?

I would have said the Turbo, but some of my mates are disagreeing.

B-) All Pug drivers are W*nk*rs (exept my missus) X-(

Anonymous
11-03-01, 02:54 PM
one word LAG

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
11-03-01, 04:41 PM
And the other word after lag = dump valve ! LOL

Anonymous
11-03-01, 04:53 PM
Yeah i kno about LAG i used to drive a turbo, but i still think the turbo would have faster pick up.

What are you saying would be faster? (and i love the sound a turbo makes, exhaust gurgling, dump valve) :D

Anonymous
11-03-01, 09:20 PM
I would've thought on such a small engine, lag wouldn't be much of a problem. All depends who's turboing your car.

B-) "and a Persian Rug" B-)

Anonymous
12-03-01, 01:40 AM
i don't think there would be much in it i recon that all the mods 2gether would be better!!! but i would go for a turbo purly coz it more orignal and they sound rude and really its gona be fast as fuck!

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
12-03-01, 02:28 AM
Anyone done a twin turbo? :O

Supercharger?

Anonymous
12-03-01, 09:55 AM
I recon the turbo would have more potential, you can still do the head and other mods later, also the torque will be massive on the turbo. What about a 2.0 16v the insurance must be nearly the same as for a 1.6 turbo?

Get out of my sweet shop.

Anonymous
12-03-01, 10:34 AM
I think Courtney do a turbo conversion for 1600's and there can be up 2 50bhp increase. But your looking at nearly ?3000 2 do it.

dan69_gsi@hotmail.com :p

Anonymous
12-03-01, 11:36 AM
A turbo, is it gonna be quicker than the valver?

Anonymous
12-03-01, 12:05 PM
I think the valver will be quicker, but then you have the disadvantage of the heavier lump up front. If you did the valver you would also have to do suspension/shocks, track arms tiebar brackets, top mounts and chassis strengthning to make it handle.(and brakes) The valver could be persuaded to give over 200 BHP in the future!, the gearbox ect would be beter suited to handle the extra power. You will have all the hassle of fitting a valver, engine mounts, driveshafts, ect.. but there v quick :D.

Anonymous
12-03-01, 12:13 PM
I am being slowly persuaded to make inquiries into a 1.6 turbo. Would my chipped ECU still be O.K for the Turbo'd engn and the induction, boost valve etc still be O.K??

Anonymous
12-03-01, 12:49 PM
the chip would need reprogramming or even a new chip that is for a turboed engine

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
12-03-01, 03:57 PM
or a twin turbo'd valver, best of both worlds

Anonymous
12-03-01, 04:08 PM
super charger then turbo. you get low down grunt with the blower then the higher end stuff with the turbo. apparently its a tad tricky to set up but lots of fun

Anonymous
12-03-01, 04:16 PM
In my oppinion there is no substitute for larger capacity, ie 2.0. 150 bhp as standard.

Anonymous
12-03-01, 05:13 PM
I'm with Paul. That was you have the power all through the rev range.

dan69_gsi@hotmail.com :p

Anonymous
12-03-01, 05:25 PM
Nothing,BUT NOTHING sounds as sweet as a dump valve, does it now? FFFTTTTSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH
And when the turbo comes on, the noise you get from your exaust..... Whey hey Its just superb!!! I am gonna phone around tomra, then just got 2 wait for my insurance cheque!

Anonymous
12-03-01, 08:41 PM
id say the turbo will be quicker, the valvers just dont seem quick enough,you have to rev em to high to get any power.i always keep to 8 valves lots of low down power and torque. what about a turbo 1800 0r 2000 8v.

Anonymous
12-03-01, 10:53 PM
i think a turbo is a good idea. its different at well and it will go vvvvvrrrrruuuuuuummmmmmm ttttttiiishhhhhhhh

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
15-03-01, 09:32 AM
turbo doctor in blackpool nova gte turbo conversion is ?600

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---

Anonymous
15-03-01, 08:12 PM
I think thats were i will take it. How long will they have it? I may leave it there while i am on holiday. I will give em a ring, dont suppose any one has ther No? I might get cams fitted to.

B-) When you become a Taxi driver, is it compulsary to have a lobotomy?

[pug_dog]