PDA

View Full Version : Big Injectors

Anonymous
10-03-01, 04:00 PM
I have a 92 K-Reg GSi, (L-Jetronic) so it is the same engine as a GTE. I was wondering about fitting bigger injectors. I heard a rumour this can be done, but havent heard or seen any Novas with them on. Anyone know anything about them; ie. Are they safe for the engine, where can I get them from, How much, etc. Cheers all! :-/

Anonymous
10-03-01, 04:55 PM
do u need bigger injectors?
do u have extensive mods?
if not bigger injectors are a bad idea

if u do need em you can bung sum in from a cav 1.8/2.0 etc etc

but you will prob not notice any diffrence in performance on near standerd engine (although u will have nice petrol bill!)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
10-03-01, 06:05 PM
I was gonna fit them to mine but there`s no point really. You could up the fuel pressure with a power boost valve to get more petrol in per injector cycle but unless you`ve modified the capacity of your engine you`ll just waste fuel!

Anonymous
10-03-01, 08:25 PM
grp a/n novas had cav gsi 2000 injectors fitted

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---

Anonymous
11-03-01, 04:20 AM
Only add larger injectors if you`ve seriously modde your motor. If its stamdard of lightly modded, you`ll lose performance coz u`ll over fuel. Its the sort of thing that is done to cossies when they are going for silly power.

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
12-03-01, 09:47 AM
Chances are the standard injectors will be good for about 180 bhp by just upping the fuel pressure. You will cause overfueling problems if you fit them to a standard car. You will only really need them if you are fitting a high boost turbo system.

Get out of my sweet shop.

Anonymous
12-03-01, 08:10 PM
Ok, if u have other engine mods that require bigger injectors then fair enough! If u use bigger injectors u also need a chipped ECU to increase the maximum injection time from the injectors! Also the fuel pressure would need to be increased, probly by using a powwer boost valve!
I would only use larger injectors if I had the following mods or similar:-
Performance Cam
Flowed Head
4-branch manifold and full system
Chipped ECU
Power boosts valve.
Performance plugs + leads(to ignite that extra fuel).

Hope this helps :)