PDA

View Full Version : Steve Irwin Dead!

Adam
04-09-06, 04:16 PM
Crocodile hunter bloke
:eek:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/steve-irwin-killed-by-stingray/2006/09/04/1157222051512.html

draper
04-09-06, 04:17 PM
i heard this earlier, by a stingray aswell, not a croc

Matt2107
04-09-06, 04:19 PM
He was stung while filming "scarey underwater dangerous animals that I swim with".... i made that title up by the way.

Was pierced through the chest and into his heart.... wouldnt have taken him long to die at all.

A sad day... he brightened up the tv.

nova---chris
04-09-06, 04:26 PM
agree i was a touch shocked tbh. he did make viewing totally different. especially for kids !!!

Ah well sympathy goes out to his family. Freak way to go.

Dar
04-09-06, 04:28 PM
Indeed a very sad day:( He was brilliant!!
I feel very sorry for his family! and I can only wish them strength at this terrible time.

Whats shocked me is that it was a stingray that got him. I've swam with stingrays! They aren't usually aggressive :confused:

Anyway a very sad day, a truely awsome man has died.

Matt2107
04-09-06, 04:29 PM
I always thought it'd be a croc or a snake.

Lee
04-09-06, 04:41 PM
Thats irony for you. He will be greatly missed, and probably one of the last of his kind.

Adam
04-09-06, 05:39 PM
Apparently he was filming a documentary about deadly underwater creatures, how ironic eh.

Philsutton
04-09-06, 05:52 PM
It is sad, the guy was a legend. But of all the things he poked with a stick / held up to his face it was a sting ray that actually got him.

Mr_C
04-09-06, 05:54 PM
Guy was a ledge :(

Mike.
04-09-06, 06:20 PM
couldn't believe it when i heard on telly. he was a top bloke.

ade
04-09-06, 07:14 PM
this really freaked me out.

Me and the missus were sitting on the sofa on Sunday watching him tag a big croc on telly and I started saying how its amazing he's not dead by now!

We had this big chat about how he did the thing with his baby in the croc pen and the missus said it'll probably be something other than a croc that'll get him in the end.

Talk about tempting fate!

Went to his Zoo as part our honeymoon a few years ago. If you ever get chance to go do it - its stunning (as far as zoos go) - the things crocs can do! scarey!

Definately miss him - used to brighten up many a boring afternoon/early evening on the telly.

:(

Geth
04-09-06, 10:18 PM
Definatly a very sad day. Scott mills was paying a little tribute to him while I was driving home from work and even the gobby essex girl I take back and fore to work stopped talking for a good 10 minutes after.

It's all quit shocking really. Like Dar said, sting rays aren't aggressive at all. I remember snorkling with sting rays in Florida when I was about 10 or 11.

CROCS RULE!

doherty
04-09-06, 11:01 PM
its a sad day for tele..the man was a freakin nut case..

every show i watched i was waitin on him to get the fluck bit out of him..

really sad :(:(

R.I.P steve you were deffo 1 of a kind..

condolances(sp) to terri an his kids:(:(