PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 SPEED

Anonymous
09-03-01, 07:46 PM
COULD SOMEONE TELL ME THE 0-60 FIGS FOR A STANDARD '87 NOVA 1.2, AND WHAT SORT OF POWER GAINS COULD I EXPECT WITH K&N IND. KIT, PECO BB4 BACK BOX, AND COULD I PUT THROTTLE BODIES ON?

Anonymous
09-03-01, 09:23 PM
DO NOT GET A BB4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
10-03-01, 01:00 AM
Standard 87 1.2, 0-60 = 14.1 seconds (ish)

You probably won't notice that much with just the back box (and don't get a BB4!), Throttle bodies?? on a 1.2 carbed engine??

Get a K&N bolt on, and go for a full exhaust system for an SR, though you'll also need an SR manifold and down-pipe for the exhaust to fit......I don't think you can get perf. exhausts made for the 1.2, as the exhaust is different at the engine end, going right up to the front of the engine, where it joins the manifold.
The SR one is in three four bits....manifold, down-pipes (2 at the side of each other), centre section and box box.

With the full exhaust and K&N, you may not get much extra power at the top end, but it sounds nice, and should have better throttle response, and will be a bit quicker to 60, as It'll be freer revving.
Just doing that, made a HUGE difference to the way my 1.3 drives and feels.

Anonymous
10-03-01, 11:00 AM
I have a 1.2 with Peco bb2 with a K&N bolt on i have 67bhp thats 12bhp over standard for all u people who say peco are shit and don't give u any power increases!! That figrue is from a Rolling road and not just an estimated!!!

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
10-03-01, 05:02 PM
its not that peco dont give gains

peco are cheap nasty wank that dont last very long
u might just have a decent 1.2 engine.
pecobb4`s are surelly the spawn ov my ex girlfriends fishy fanny!
there fucking minging and u dont know just how bad till u get summit better!

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
10-03-01, 06:29 PM
could someone tell me what would be worth gettin out of these two. my mates say that the 1.3 is quicker than the 1.4, why's that? what are the 0-60's and top ends for them both? and what sort of prices should i expect to pay for an average condition around '89?

Anonymous
10-03-01, 08:23 PM
1.4 is faster i bet your mate has a 1.3

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---

Anonymous
12-03-01, 02:19 AM
>>peco are cheap nasty ***** that dont last very long

WHAT? Cheap and nasty, and don't last very long?
Mines been on over 2 years (transferred from previous car to current one), and it's still going strong.
It was relatively cheap, but there's nothing wrong with the build quality.

Anonymous
12-03-01, 11:27 AM
you may aswell have got a std back box and drilled holes in it!!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
12-03-01, 08:36 PM
my big bore 2 is rank. after about a year all the baffels had blown out, its now very loud and i cant be arsed to replace it,but it suits the style of car, chheck it out, its just been put on the site. its under mats 1.3sr

Anonymous
12-03-01, 11:49 PM
Well, I think my Peco must have been made by a different company, 'cos it's millions of times better than the standard shit, and it been on over 2 years, and apart from loosing a little paint (and only a little), it's still as good as it was when new.