PDA

View Full Version : c16xe turbo which cams

JJL
02-09-06, 01:11 AM
iv just taken my c16xe out for a rebuild im running low compression pistons ported n polished head t3 turbo (from metro) omex m710 ecu with 9 psi boost (for now) and jenvey 45mm throttle bodies i am currently running standard corsa gsi cams and was wondering which cams would be best to upgrade to i was thinking fast road/rally but not sure. I only know of one other turbo c16xe on novaload and he says he has kent cams just wondering what profile and how they work for him? Thanks :thumb:

Stuart
02-09-06, 08:52 AM
turbo on TB's what a pain in the ass to setup lol.

anyhooo cams.
you want high lift with minimal duration to prevent overlap at TDC of the exhaust stroke so the turbo doesent get cpra air flow etc. so that really means something with a solid profile as the ramp rates might be a little too harsh for normal hydraulics.

Look on www.catcams.be and then go on mig and contact a bloke called matt_sav. if you cant quite find a cam you like they can do a custom grind for not a lot extra

JJL
02-09-06, 12:56 PM
cheer for that mate

Adam
02-09-06, 02:22 PM
turbo on TB's what a pain in the ass to setup lol.

anyhooo cams.
you want high lift with minimal duration to prevent overlap at TDC of the exhaust stroke so the turbo doesent get cpra air flow etc. so that really means something with a solid profile as the ramp rates might be a little too harsh for normal hydraulics.

Look on www.catcams.be (http://www.catcams.be) and then go on mig and contact a bloke called matt_sav. if you cant quite find a cam you like they can do a custom grind for not a lot extra

How do you find prices of catcams, and how do you order?
Is there no online order service?

Adam
02-09-06, 02:26 PM
Forget the above post, i really should have read the site FAQs first,Lol.

Stuart
02-09-06, 03:40 PM
the "and go to mig and contact matt_sav" wasnt helpfull? lol

Adam
02-09-06, 04:27 PM
Why? Does he sell them?

They sell them here:-
http://www.qep.uk.com/

At ?170 they are no cheaper than Kent,Piper etc etc.

Stuart
02-09-06, 04:38 PM
you get a better selection from catcams, plus custom grinds are no more than the off the shelf ones ;)

no i put his username on here because he does bodywork... :wall: yes he sells them lol

Adam
02-09-06, 04:44 PM
Lmao
Strange that, theres no one on mig with the member name matt_sav ;):plol

Stuart
02-09-06, 04:52 PM
meh he atleast used to be on there lol.

i got mine from rob@rsc over a year ago.

craig green
03-09-06, 12:39 PM
RSC have ofcourse disappeared along with lots of dissatisfied customers money.

Tbh std cams would be best option unless you want to be spending extra cash. Off the shelf N/A cams will be pointless although the Courtenay (piper) in my 8v was quite good with the turbo.

But as Stu said, minimal overlap is the key on a turbo.

Green16v
03-09-06, 07:14 PM
Who did you use to set up your omex?

Stuart
03-09-06, 08:43 PM
RSC have ofcourse disappeared along with lots of dissatisfied customers money.

thankfully i got my stuff while rob was there....