PDA

View Full Version : little things

chimp007_uk
01-09-06, 05:19 PM
right, while i'm in the process of trying to sell my unwanted head... i'd take my attention from the engine to the more smaller problems.

firstly my tacho is not working, i've taken the dials out and the green wire is attached, but under the bonnet, the green wire runs down to the coil where a plug is connected to the end of it but nothing connects the green wire plug to the coil itself. i'm guessing it plugs straight into the negative of the coil, but just thought i'd cheack.

also, the oil guage is, how you say... dodgy. it works, as in it registers something, but bounces all over the place, and then dies nad works when i rev the car... all the wire are connected, is it just the case that i need a new oil pressure switch?

cheers all

chris

chimp007_uk
01-09-06, 10:22 PM
anyone? want to try and sort it all tomorrow.

Adam
02-09-06, 01:15 AM
Rev wire connects to bottom right terminal on coil.

Check the connections on the oil sender.
The guage should shoot up and down tho, halfway at idle, straight up to full at 2k all the way up the rev range, then back to half-ish on idle again.
Unless you mean the needle is just flying anywhere,Lol.

chimp007_uk
02-09-06, 12:13 PM
i've tried wiring the green wire from the tacho to the negative of the coil, but no go...

as for the oil sender, the terminals have been cleaned and are connected, but still the same, it just doesn't go where it should. never ever stays in one place, at idle its off the guage lol

Adam
02-09-06, 02:06 PM
Have you got a proper 2pin sender?
With a standard 1 pin sender it will sit off the guage all the time.

cockney16v
02-09-06, 02:28 PM
where do you get these 2 pin sender as my local motor factor does not list them in there books

Adam
02-09-06, 02:30 PM
Off a nova gte/gsi/early SR.
I think there about ?60 new from vauxhall tho,Lol.

chimp007_uk
02-09-06, 02:59 PM
mines the 2 pin, and the pins are connected...

cockney16v
03-09-06, 03:29 PM
are they the same as a astra gte sender

stafford
03-09-06, 05:58 PM
i got my send off a 2.0 8v not quite the same as the nova 1 but it works my mate has a nova 1 ill ask him does he still have it
:thumb: