PDA

View Full Version : c25xe into nova info wanted.

DIY*VALVER84
31-08-06, 11:26 PM
here goes the new project then...
i want to fit a c25xe into a nova mk2 and ive never done one before so i want to pick your brains.

i want all info on how to mount the engine what box to use but mainly a detailed wiring description and even pics would be nice.
ive seen some done before but only on the net which is no good to work from.
come on chaps all info appreciated.

Ste L
01-09-06, 10:27 AM
you will need to get custom mounts made for o/s gear box adn rear i would of thought you can use the nova one's like on xe conversions...

drives shafts, can either use big shafts you get with conversions kits for xe's or use 22 spline gte with cav 1600 inners

thats about all i know

craig green
01-09-06, 10:39 AM
Good luck with the exhaust manifolds. Custom required.

Wiring as per any conversion.

Mazz
01-09-06, 10:58 AM
Pointless imho, apart from the noise...gotta love V6 noise!
I doubt it will an quicker than a valver as you've got quite a bit more weight - and please, don't try cornering!

DIY*VALVER84
01-09-06, 08:31 PM
lol at the above comment. i am partial to that v6 noise.
reason i wanted to do it is because ive done nova conversions both 8v and 16v before and i just wantd to show off to a few mates...they couldnt get over how big the xe looked in a nova so imagine what theyd say looking down at the c25xe lump...

what if i mounted the rad right at the front or even made a framework for it inside the front bumper itself? would that cut all the agro of the manifold???
ive got shafts and boxs already and i thought the wiring would be similar just had to check,i finished welding the bay up on the new nova project i feel quite guilty looking at it now...its fully stripped out and it was a minter jamaican yellow sr it will be good fun tho.

Philsutton
01-09-06, 08:35 PM
its the rear manifold you need to worry about as it occupies space where the steering rack is

DIY*VALVER84
01-09-06, 08:47 PM
i never thought bout that at all...bugger.
is there a simple solution round this or is it going to be a trip to fab shop?
with the omegas being rwd would it be possible to use the rack off that? somehow make it work?

fearless
01-09-06, 08:59 PM
As already said - Easiest solution - (although can't guarantee how long the box will last !!(Brett Roagans V6 went through about 3 F16)) - is to use an F20/F16 gearbox, which will mount using the same mounts used for a C20XE conversion - the O/S/F engine mount will need fabricating - the slam panel needs 'massaging' to clear the dipstick.

Quite a lot of room around the engine compared to a C20XE although the only major problem is the rear exhaust manifold !!!!!! - The one I helped Brett Rogan do ended up having a Tony Law Manifold/System made for it (?????) but no doubt there is a cheaper solution

Wiring is pretty straight forward - use the nova loom for the starter/Alternator and use the Cav/Calibra loom for the engine management

Only really worth doing for the noise and top speed/cruising - Oh, and to say you have a V6 Nova !!!!!

Dave

DIY*VALVER84
01-09-06, 09:05 PM
yeah thats all it was going to be really was just a car to say v6 power.
dave dont suppose your doing cages anymore?
the way this is shaping up at the minute im going to rethink this project, how much average price for c20let engine and loom? anyone got one too?

fearless
01-09-06, 09:12 PM
dave dont suppose your doing cages anymore?

Nope - sorry - stop doing them a while ago - Although a few do appear second hand now and then !!

Dave