PDA

View Full Version : Mini Moto incident

db_1.2
31-08-06, 11:01 PM
I dont know if this should be in muppet corner or general, i decided to put it here as a sign of respect.

Lately round the area a lot of people have been buying mini moto's and crossers. I heard a lot on the local news about a young man being injured in an accident with a parked car and a mini moto, it went something along the lines of it was his birthday, having a good time, messing about on the mini moto when he hits a parked car at some speed, the bike explodes in his face, the young man catch's fire, as does the car, the young man is a friend of mine, lives just across the road, he was airlifted to frenchay hospital near bristol where he is being treated for 80% burns, yes, 80%! It seemed so unreal when i was told it was him, the accident was on the bank holiday monday, and he is still not awake?

Just thought i would share my story as it seemed so unreal when i heard it, there was a lot of people talking about it, and i looked up on cefax and even watched local news but no names untill now, i just dont really know what to say, but he's on a life support machine at the minute so i guess theres nothing definat. Local muppets round here say theres ''90% of death'' and ''the doctors say they would skin graft his back, if there was anything to graft it to!''

Well what can i say, nice chap aswell, so unreal.

Well thats my story shared, guess theres a lesson to be taught here.

RJM25R
31-08-06, 11:12 PM
Shame.

doherty
01-09-06, 12:40 AM
really sorry to hear that lad..:(

hope he pulls threw:thumb:

i had one too luckly enough the thing broke down before i could injure myself.. :(

Stuart
01-09-06, 07:52 AM
shame, but to be fair this is another lesson that mini motos need to be licensed and insured... or simply not used on public highways.

craig green
01-09-06, 10:53 AM
Hope your mate recovers, sounds like a nasty accident.

However, I am baffled as to why the damned things are so popular.
Everyone seems to have taken to them, yet child size motorbikes are far from a new idea. Ive yet to see one that isnt a death trap or one that dosent make the rider look like a total fool.

Sorry but I really do think they are utterly ridiculous & should be just for kids.

Get a proper bike that fits, for gawds sake!

Mike
01-09-06, 02:20 PM
Sorry but I really do think they are utterly ridiculous & should be just for kids.

Get a proper bike that fits, for gawds sake!

Not even kids! The fecking things shoud be banned!

matt1chelski
01-09-06, 02:27 PM
However, I am baffled as to why the damned things are so popular.

This is because of the massive import of cheep porley made chinese bikes. Copuled with ebay, a place with little rules, or restrictions on what crap can be sold. This then means cheep prices making them availiable to tenns and kids. I totaly agree that these should be made for track use only, where only safe bikes will be aloud to be used. This sort of story makes me glad the police crushed my brothers, since he took no notice of me. :roll:

Very sorry to hear about your mate, hope things take as turn for the better soon

matt

JSeymour
01-09-06, 02:33 PM
there stupid little bikes why should you need tax, insurance or a licence for them?

if you ride them its your responsibility not to hurt yourself or anyone else!

we should have more laid back rules like Spain or France where people really coundnt give a **** about mini motos even mopeds and theres no annoying do-gooders telling every one how to live there lives.

matt1chelski
01-09-06, 02:47 PM
So when one smacks into the side of your nova, your going to think, "ah well, at least they have a good time" are you? Or knocks you nan over in the park walking the dog? Dont be stupid, you can just let kids ride bike capable of 30+mph ride them anywhere they like how they like.

Matt

Jack
01-09-06, 02:59 PM
there stupid little bikes why should you need tax, insurance or a licence for them?

we should have more laid back rules like Spain or France where people really coundnt give a **** about mini motos even mopeds and theres no annoying do-gooders telling every one how to live there lives.
Ok people like you or I can argue against Blair's "nanny state", but you can guarantee if these rules weren't in place then the numpties who injured themselves by being muppets would be the first to kick up a fuss and sue the government or whoever. The compensation generation is part of the reason we pay so much tax!

It seems lack of common sense of the prosecutor is no longer a suitable courtroom defence for the defendant.

craig green
01-09-06, 03:07 PM

I'll send all the high pitched 2 stroke nonsense ragging past your living room window then! lol

craig green
01-09-06, 03:11 PM
When I was 5 me & my older brother shared an Italjet 50cc Junior motorbike. Was loadsa fun & we used to take it to the beach most saturday mornings on a trailer with another kiddy. We wouldnt have dreamed of riding it on pavements or in parks etc.

i'm just happy knowing that I'm not one of the Tvvats sat on a mini moto tbh!

db_1.2
01-09-06, 03:59 PM
I'll send all the high pitched 2 stroke nonsense ragging past your living room window then! lol

Theres abotu 20 up here, no joke

Anyway this is all serious, i dont know how close craig and razorjack live but if you get the wiltshire times, you would of seen this

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/display.var.903216.0.birthday_boy_fights_for_life_ after_fireball_crash_horror.php

Jack
01-09-06, 04:05 PM
She said the neighbourhood did not generally have problems with motorbikes but said people did drive along the road very fast.

"They've taken up the speed bumps recently and people come tearing along here.
Loving the little media association with speed there :roll:

...I'm also relieved to find a featured story entitled A$s They Like It is indeed about the donkey variety of a$s lol

db_1.2
01-09-06, 04:13 PM
Lol some silly old bat also said (as i bought the paper today and read it over a nice cool pint) ''The bikes are not built to british standards, and they are not roadworthy'' at this point i thought to myself, no sh*t no number plate, therefor no MOT road tax, insurance, infact its not even a road vehicle!

You should really visit this place, its full of very strange and stupid people, i still havnt heard much about zac, its like i said to my mate, if it happend to any other person on this sh*tty estate i couldnt really give a toss as they all just gob off all the time, and think they own the place, but zac wasnt like that, he was a very nice guy, im hoping he'll make it out of frenchay and live to tell the tale but i cant see it happening myself:(

Lee
01-09-06, 06:09 PM
Im sorry that he got hurt, but at the end of the day, it probably wouldnt have exploded if he didnt plough into a parked car.

The same as you wont need cutting out of your car if you dont drive into a tree.

'Mini Moto's dont kill people, Idiots do'

Dave.
01-09-06, 06:56 PM
sorry to hear mate
i have a mini moto. never crashed it. there illegal on the roads but on priveate land no prob
i have a pic of 1 were a 5yr old kid smashed into the back of a police car goes through the back window and ends up inside it
ill get a pic tomorrow of the bikr to show how dangerous these things are if there used innapropriatley

General Baxter
01-09-06, 06:59 PM
ill get a pic tomorrow of the bikr to show how dangerous these things are if there used innapropriatley

i know there small and light but your not ment to use them as a bat lol

Ricky G
01-09-06, 07:03 PM
at 1st i didnt realise it was a pit bike (mini crosser) now i know it was one of them i can see why it was so bad. like most mini motos these things fly for what they are and arent built to a very good standard! when i take mine out its always got something breaking or needing to be tightend! i dont use it much anymore as it gets boring and people do maon a bit too much for my liking! i just hope the fella is ok! too much power and tiny little wheels realy dont go together! as for the mini moto race bikes i bought my little bro one for xmas and full gear to go with it! knee pads, jacket, helmet and proper gloves! he fell off once and it was in a big car park! but he had the full gear on so he wasnt injured! i think you just need to be a bit careful and treat the bikes with a bit of respect or people will get hurt!

draper
01-09-06, 07:20 PM
im sorry to hear about your mate, i hope he pulls through but it does seem the odds are stacked agaisnt him but you never know

also, i hate the things !! i dont even like 'proper' motorbikes (if you can call them that lol ) they look dangerous without moving, if i wanted to do 30mph+ 2 inches off the floor i lower the nova more ;)

rednova
01-09-06, 07:22 PM
people go on about these mini motos and how they are dangerous - it is only the riders who make it that way (sorry about the lad who was involved in the terrible accident, no one deserves that) but you can even go out and buy a petrol radio controlled car that will go faster, these surely too could kill, mame someone if hit. if used responsibly they are no more dangerous than a pedal bike in my opinion

General Baxter
01-09-06, 07:27 PM
yeah, lol i broke my sisters foot with my nitro car lol

matt1chelski
01-09-06, 09:38 PM
Lol some silly old bat also said (as i bought the paper today and read it over a nice cool pint) ''The bikes are not built to british standards, and they are not roadworthy''

They have a point. You compare a cheep chinese one made from "monkey Metal" and a decent one made to a high standered you see just how much of a death trap some of these are.

JSeymour
01-09-06, 11:14 PM
So when one smacks into the side of your nova, your going to think, "ah well, at least they have a good time" are you? Or knocks you nan over in the park walking the dog? Dont be stupid, you can just let kids ride bike capable of 30+mph ride them anywhere they like how they like.

Matt

no! id make them pay for the damage to be repaired. :eek:

Wilson
02-09-06, 09:49 AM
Sorry to hear bout your mate. hope he pulls through

I think mini motos are dangerous if used incorrectly and 95% of the ones ive seen are complete sh1t heaps and are nowear near roadworthy. However if they are used in the right place in the right way (Not the highstreet or past my house at 3 in the morning with no ****in lights!) their not causing any harm to anyone but the rider.

matt1chelski
02-09-06, 07:35 PM
no! id make them pay for the damage to be repaired. :eek:

I dont know many teens who would A, stop and find the owner of the car they just slammed into, and B, be able to afford a few hundrad quid. :roll: And i dont know about yours but my gran isnt easily fixed.

draper
02-09-06, 08:40 PM
i dont know about yours but my gran isnt easily fixed.

mine is, shes robo-gran lol

db_1.2
03-09-06, 10:48 AM
Passed away on saturday

Martin
03-09-06, 11:14 AM
Sorry it hear it mate..

R.I.P

draper
03-09-06, 11:19 AM
sorry to hear that mate

db_1.2