PDA

View Full Version : modified insurance for 18YO

Nova_Houch7
31-08-06, 01:31 PM
Alright guys!

Looking for someone that will insure my nova 1300 sr, that wont add much for mods, ill just say its got lowered susp, exhaust, kit, and wheels, when i go bakto havin GTE kit, will insurance drop at all? norwich union only insure up to 3 modifications you see.

I also have my pass plus.

Any ideas at all?

Thanks, Luke

Adam
31-08-06, 03:35 PM
Most places that cover mods, HIC etc etc dont insure you till your 19+

Are you 19 anytime soon? Lol

Nova_Houch7
31-08-06, 09:05 PM
Not til May........ive heard co-op are sposed to be good but am yet to try them.

Just wandered if any younger people on here hav found anyone to be good with slight mods, and are still fairly cheap.

L

Jack
01-09-06, 10:51 AM
Not til May........ive heard co-op are sposed to be good but am yet to try them.
NO THEY'RE NOT lol

CIS will probably up your car to a group 7 or 8, not to mention them being totally incompetent. Try Elephant/Admiral (with a mroe experienced second driver), their online systems allow you a handful of mods but I think if you ring them they might let you add more.

Mazz
01-09-06, 10:55 AM
CIS are good for some mods imo, they don't increase the insurance unless its engine mods - thats how they used to work anyway..gotta be worth a phone call.

Jack
01-09-06, 11:43 AM
CIS are good for some mods imo, they don't increase the insurance unless its engine mods
Alas not, thats what they tell people but their underwriters have confirmed they should be charging for any modification. Hence why my bodykit put my 1.2 up to a group 6, after CIS staff told me there would be no additional charge!

This was a couple years back, so they might have amended their policy but I doubt it! :roll:

walton_lad
14-09-06, 11:48 AM
Quin Direct, They Don't charge you for alloys or body kit's or nout like that, just for engin mods and Lowering it!

Nova_Houch7
14-09-06, 12:28 PM
Quin Direct, They Don't charge you for alloys or body kit's or nout like that, just for engin mods and Lowering it!

Ill have a look into that, cherz matey!

L

womble sri
14-09-06, 06:46 PM
HIS and FLUX are good but i think there 19 + coop were good when i used to front SRI 800 tpft in my mums name! wish i never done it though as i now pay 1300 with chaucer probably could of got it cheaper elsewhere but they will insure me on a let for an extra 300!!!

staggy_gsi
22-09-06, 06:47 PM
yeah im with quinn direct on my gsi. im 19 with one years no claims and most places told me they wouldnt insure me til im 21! i have it insured as standard though!!

Jack
23-09-06, 09:08 AM
yeah im with quinn direct on my gsi. im 19 with one years no claims and most places told me they wouldnt insure me til im 21! i have it insured as standard though!!
Thats because it is standard... right?

staggy_gsi
23-09-06, 07:36 PM
erm.....yes.......its standard lol

Nova_Houch7
28-10-06, 12:03 AM
I havnt had much luck on the insurance yet!

Giving CIS a ring 2moro, and performance direct!

Anyone know any other good insurers?

L

banny
04-12-06, 01:52 AM
kwick fit are good an you can pay monthly