PDA

View Full Version : inlet manifolds.

stv-b16a
30-08-06, 11:13 PM
i know this is novaload and not corsaload lol

but where would i get an inlet manifold to fit T45s to my 1600 16v lump

novatracker
30-08-06, 11:40 PM
sbd do them but i recon u will be better of with throttle bodies due the hasle and the less power gain that carbs give.

stv-b16a
30-08-06, 11:42 PM
cant really afford them or the stand-alone management.

any ideas of gettin some second hand?

or off another car even.

novatracker
30-08-06, 11:49 PM
there is bike throttle bodies a bit unknowing by a lot of people but very effective for the money.

wanting to put them on my c16xe that am rebuilding for my nova.
got a set of r1 throttle bodies and a set of 600 bandit cards for what ener work best.

how much do u have to play with?

stv-b16a
30-08-06, 11:57 PM
well i could get a set of carbs for about ?200-300. nearly new lol.

but suppose i could chop a set of T.B's of a bike for feck all down at the scrappy.
what do you know about manifolds and management for these tho?

i like carbs. no wiring lol

novatracker
31-08-06, 12:05 AM
well for ur engine u will requirer stand-a-lone managment for even carbs but am waiting on info about using standard managment from a late x16xe but not sure how things will turn out just yet.

as for the manifold there is a company called bogg brothers witch make a lot of these for differant engines

but i recon if u go to a good engineer's that can weld alloy they might be able to make one for you but there will need plan's or a good idear how its to fit size etc.

stv-b16a
31-08-06, 01:17 AM
really?
will i need stand alone management to run carbs on my 16v lump?

whys that?

this just keeps gettin more and more complicated. lol

novatracker
31-08-06, 01:27 AM
because the 1.6 16v engines dont use pick a distriutor and will require this to run carbs unless you use standalone management.

unless u were able to get a pulley made up to fit to the end of the cam pulley like iv seen in xe'd mantas and vivas.

will require fuel pressure regulator aswell for any after market carbs or with the bike bodies.

stv-b16a
31-08-06, 01:36 AM
****T what would you do in my shues.

novatracker
31-08-06, 01:52 AM
just do what u can afford and i think am wright in saying that twin carbs keep going out of tune and need constant attention on a rolling road.

but personaly i am going bike bodies think it will be good for a laugh on the b roads.

stv-b16a
31-08-06, 02:22 AM
keep us posted

stv-b16a
31-08-06, 02:24 AM
a

stv-b16a
31-08-06, 11:30 PM
how are you going to manage your bike T.B,s?

novatracker
31-08-06, 11:47 PM
am hopefully going to see a local lad tomoro about the megasquirt systeams.

there is a few people which say dont use megasquirt as it more of a pain to get working then a pre-built kit.
but will need to wait and see what i can afford and find a place that can cope with maping the systeam on the rollers for me when finished.

what do u think u will do about ur car?

stv-b16a
01-09-06, 12:09 AM
havent got a clue.

ur sayin whatever way i go ill need a remapable ecu?

cant afford new. maybe look out for a crashed motor on T.B,s and carry the whole lot over to my engine.

i was also thinking bike boddies with something like megasquirt too.

just goin to google it now.

would also need to speak to my nearest RR center.

have to do something to justify choosing the 16v lump over 8 valve.

the inlet is the most restrictive thing about these engines.

what would you say R1, GSX-R bodies and mappable ecu?

stv-b16a
01-09-06, 12:13 AM
what about carbs and just new ignition, lumenition ect. (spelling)

need to keep costs down and to be honest know feck all about electronics,wiring ect

novatracker
01-09-06, 12:17 AM
u can get a small box to onto the end of the first half of the standard manifold and put the throttle bodie on the end of it.

this means u can use standard managment and will gain about 10 bhp i think.

have u alread got the engine? if not the 8v is a lot easyer to but carbs on as you will be able to us a sr distributor for this.

novatracker
01-09-06, 12:19 AM
you could go that way to but think there still fairly dear and the likes of webbers keep needing set up.

stv-b16a
01-09-06, 12:37 AM
im in the process of fitting it lol

too late for that.

ill get back to you once ive done a bit more investigating.

im in no rush. im sure ill have pleanty of fun driving it as it is in the mean time.
but eventually i will be looking for some good N/A power ie 140-160 bhp.

hence the need for uprated fuelling, intake,breathing and it looks like ignition too. its all sterting to get very ??? lol

will try and find out as much as i can about the bike T.B route and post my findings on this forum. thanks for all your advice.

your a lot more helpfull than some so called know-it-all's on this site.

cheers novatracker. stv.

novatracker
01-09-06, 12:42 AM
happy to help.
I need help to and hope people will help out as much as possible so dont mind.
gd luck with it any way stv.

doherty
01-09-06, 01:01 AM
yes pleaseeeeeeee post all the findings you get about the bike carbs etc stv..im goin the same route an your like me..no not jus irish but runnin a tight budget lol.. was chattin to a fella at work(motorbike head) an he MIGHT be able to get me R1 bike carbs..i was gonna post up exactly wat you did as im a bit in the dark on all this "wat you need" inlets,fuel regs,etc so any help atall no matter how small would be greatly apprecited(sp)

craig green
01-09-06, 09:46 AM
Using a Mantzel type inlet & a chip will be just as powerfull & better to drive in my opinion. Carbs run like dogs from cold & will have flat spots etc, not to mention poor economy compared to injection for the power gained.

Stay on the std management & keep it useablesay.

stv-b16a
01-09-06, 11:58 PM
how craig?

std management? im looking for good power in the long run.

i thought i would need at least carbs or T/B'S ON MANIFOLD.

my only fear is ecu ect?

how the **** do i run aftermarket fuelling/breathing,whatever you like to call it on the 16v without big bucks?

thats why i was thinking carbs on distributorless ignition?

how would i manage the fuelling on bike T/B's and the ignition?

more ????than just ignition probs on a second hand set of 40/45's?

Adam
02-09-06, 01:20 AM
You would need a standalone Ignition system to run carbs on a 1600 16v.
And then you would probably fail MOT due to emissions.

Just a mantzel style inlet and a decent exhaust on a 1600 16v can see around 125bhp.

For best power, Throttle Bodies and fuel/ignition management system, Job Done :thumb:

JJL
02-09-06, 02:11 AM
sbd inlet ?134 (very good quality av got one) and stand alone ignition around ?450 (got this on my mini which is also very good)