PDA

View Full Version : Insurance for mods AND pizza delivery

dannyb
30-08-06, 07:53 PM
As I am declaring the modifications I am putting on my car when I get a new policy, I have found that insurers who cover this will not cover for pizza delivery and vice versa. Has anyone found/use a company who will cover someone who drives a modified car for a takeaway-food delivery?

Jack
30-08-06, 09:23 PM
Not sure if thats Business Class 1 or Business Class 3... Have a look on Elephant/Admiral.

dannyb
31-08-06, 08:47 AM
Ill give them a go, cheers Razorjack!

DI4BLO
31-08-06, 09:32 AM
Most Pizza delivery companys cover you danny, might have seen me bombing round bognor as i do a few evenings for dominos, whilst working for them your on their insurance. Not sure how it all works but they temporarily cover your policy while your working for them.

What colours your nova by the way, off topic i know but seen a few more around at the moment.

Hope this helps

Jack
31-08-06, 10:05 AM
They cover you on your own car? :wtf:

Most employers I've come across either provide a pool car (with insurance cover on that), or if you want to use your own vehicle they specify you need to have Business Class usage clause on your insurance...

DI4BLO
31-08-06, 10:59 AM
Nope they take a copy of your details insurance etc and they insure your vehicle while you are working for them. You have to have current insurance and all details have to be up to date etc.

It is third party but what is covered in your policy is covered in theirs. so just dont drive into anyone, get them to drive into you lol

dannyb
02-09-06, 02:02 AM
I went with CIS (I know a guy who works for them to give me a quote) I got fully comp (cheaper than 3rd part bizzarely) with business one cover with no voluntary excess for ?300. Thats with my suspension kit declared and 3 years NCB. I also now have a job at a small chinese doing 2 nights a week delivery while I'm studying at uni, bonuses all round!
I drive a grey 5 door 1.2 shed Diablo, although i've had this for a couple of years originally as a cheap car to insure so I could "drive any other car with the owners permission" i.e. my 'dads' BMW 730i that was really mine! What Nova do you drive? I expect I've seen you round town, I always notice a Nova!
Cheers for your help & advice though guys