PDA

View Full Version : 1.2i Help please!!

Spudly
30-08-06, 02:07 AM
Hiya peeps anothe question on me 1.2i, most of my dash lights dont work when i turn the ignition on, oil light, battery, ecu light handbrake light all dont light up, yes ive checked bulbs lol, the fuses in the fuse box seem to be all fine, but the illumination lights work as do the direction tell-tale (indicators) and the high beam flash tell-tale, oh and the fuel gauge dont seem to work, not sure about the temp as ive not had the engine running very long lol, not got car on road yet, ive also tried my SRi clocks in it to same effect and the rev counter fails to work too even though it has the green wire already there, can anyone help??
Engine runs fine with no faults as i can see and its damn quiet too lol cheers for any help guys n gals!!!!

Welsh Dan
30-08-06, 07:16 AM
Check your earths.

db_1.2
30-08-06, 11:37 PM
Check the circits behind, i was messina botu with my dash a few weeks ago, all the lights work, then when i put the dash back together and turned the ignition on, the handbrake (park) light didnt work, so i thought, oh well too late now!:p

Spudly
31-08-06, 02:06 AM
This is a strange one as i was trying everything i could think of down to pulling the fuses one by one, and there wasnt a fuse in slot 18 so i dropped a 10amp in and hey presto all dash lights work, ecu tell-tail, handbrake, fuel gauge and temp, so i swapped bk to the SRi clocks and the rev counter works too, jus the temp and fuel dont with the fuel gauge warning light permanently on, ive checked the resistors in the back and they are both the same as the 1.2 ones so cant change them lol, any ideas on this new prob cheers ppl lol!!!!