PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 16v xe wireing

benashfo999@novaload
29-08-06, 09:38 PM
please helm me!!!!

does anyone no where i can get a wireing diagram for putting a c20xe in to a 1.2 spi snap thanks any help will make me very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

modded_nova
30-08-06, 07:39 PM
Sorry cant help you but could you let me know how you get on because i am thinking of doing this!

DIY*VALVER84
31-08-06, 03:07 AM
morning chaps.
valvers.com browse thru and you will find all info needed. its simpleton stuff if your reasonably good with motors.
if all else fails,try ebay. mad as it sounds there are people who sell the whole conversion guide etc which includes the wiring info.
but to make it real easy 4 you...
1- black wire from nova loom near where the coil lives switch live join to xe loom plug.
2-large feed red wire from battery to the starter motor also one for a permanent live for ecu is required.
3-black and red from nova loom (passenger side of bulk head) also to the starter motor.
4-where the huge ecu multi plug is you should have 2 small plugs,green and black. take the blue and red from the black plug iirc straight to the positive terminal on the fuel pump.
5- now run the green wire also from the same plug to your tachometer.
6- run a wire from your temp sender (dash ) to the instrument panel.

hope this is of use for you good luck.

Ste L
31-08-06, 10:47 AM
1- black wire from nova loom near where the coil lives switch live join to xe loom plug.

on 1L's thats a resistor wire, you need to run a wire to your fusebox in that case..

i had to do this with mine:thumb:

Martin
31-08-06, 10:49 AM
An what if youhave a bunch of wires an no plugs on your xe loom?

Ste L
31-08-06, 01:12 PM
dont make a diff, dont need the plugs anyway...

just colours..

Blue to dash
Green to dash
red/blue to fuel pump

Thick red in engine bay - batt
Thin black in engine bay - to cranking switched live, i went ot fuse box for this and used a black/purple