PDA

View Full Version : Problems with another member, part 2!!!!!!

John
29-08-06, 08:52 PM
:mad: :mad: Right now as some of you may have seen i posted a couple of replys to wannabegsi recent thread on how he's had problems with another member, so here's my take!!
I agree to buy off another member, whose user id is "purple beast", some driveshafts for an agreed price of 80 quid. i then foolishly posted him some cash in a very securely wrapped envelope, which, guess what, he didn't receive! (please DON'T POST HOW STUPID THIS WAS AS I AM FULLY AWARE and it's not the point of the thread).
Ok no probs, i'll recover my money through the post office, i am aware that i won't probably receive any compo as it should have been recorded, but they promised to help me out anyway.
So as not to let purple beast sell the shafts on, as i need them for a project, i sent him a cheque to cover the amount, (this one arrived fine, but was posted from the same po box as first letter, work that one out?) it cleared fine, so i became suspiciuos again when no parcel two weeks later.
I asked him how he had sent them, just normal parcel post. No worries i think, he'll at least have a receipt as proof of posatge. WRONG! He's conveiniently lost it. so i propose that he sends my money back and recovers his cost through the post office, (like i have had to do) which he replys he's not prepared to do ("cos he has no receipt")
lastly i ask him for the date, time, specific post office and address that he's posted them at, so the people at the post office can help me out, and guess what, that's the last i heard from him nearly a week ago!!!

purple beast, please read free to read the other thread started here,
http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67007
to get the general concensus of the novaload opinion, and make your thoughts known by replying below.
I consider myself well and truly ripped off, even if you had 1000 posts on a chat forum you could still find yourself done, if your face doesn't fit or you've upset someone with a post like rjm says, or the seller thinks he's too far away for the buyer not to be bother about chasing it up. If it all goes wrong,this sort of stuff can happen. At no point am i pointing the finger of blame at the forum though, just to make that clear.

For those who think that i may have received the shafts, - Why am i bothering to post this if thats the case?
I consider myself to be reasonable and honest, and have never had so much trouble with stuff as with this, within my 13 years of nova ownership! And for those of you who are quick to point out that i've only been a member on here for a short time, that because i've only recently got a pc at home. Previously i have been a member of the png/pvg for over 10 years, regularly attending shows and meets, not really in my interest to lie about stuff like this is it really? As most of you i will probably meet. or have met/trade with at some point. I know i'm not gonna see any of this back, So note to all, please trade with purple beast at your own peril!!!!

oh, and the maddening thing about this, the driveshafts were intended for my apprentice who has just put a 2.0 8v in his first nova. Apprentice wages and 160 quid down, he's not happy and to say we are p***ed off is an understatement!:mad: :mad:

Off rant Lol!

dan23
29-08-06, 09:02 PM
i sent some cash (?80 or ?70 cant remeber exactly) to purple beast an he said he didnt recieve it either
you have his address so go to his house an teach him the error of his ways

wannabegsi
29-08-06, 09:10 PM
Hi there mate it must be this time of the year when all the thieving scum bags come out.....
No receipt lol, every time ive ever posted anything the lady or man behind the counter always gives me one i must be special......
Has the seller even attepted to contact royal mail or the office used ?
Try finding out what post office he used and what day as they will have a log of items being sent for that day then you can see if he has even tried to send it.
I have given up on my nightmare well (trying) to talk to him, but he will soon relize were thieving gets you !!

Pay him a visit mate, but first ide contact the post office to try and found out if it was EVER sent .

It really gets you doesnt it. You put your trust in someone and this happens, from now on trust no1.

soz bud

wannabegsi
29-08-06, 09:12 PM
looks like purple beast has been getting EXTRA pocket money :mad:

John
29-08-06, 09:17 PM
I've asked him for all the postage details but he never responds. I have his address, but how i'm ever gonna find out which post office he used will be a nightmare.
I'm more P***ed off for my lackie than anything else.
looks like i'm not the only one he's robbed!!!!
What goes around, fortunately comes around.

dhdev (Oli)
29-08-06, 09:30 PM
Gutted for you, I hate the fact that people are so quick to rip others off. :mad:
Like you said what goes around comes around

John
29-08-06, 09:32 PM
Oli, i said what?!

dhdev (Oli)
29-08-06, 09:35 PM
;) lol Don't know what you said either

draper
29-08-06, 09:36 PM
wtf !!

as for whats gone on recently think ill only be buying stuff face to face from now on

womble sri
29-08-06, 09:56 PM
yeah sounds like this majika prick aswell why dont we have a big nova road trip[ and visit them both hahaha

dan16v
29-08-06, 10:01 PM
when ever i send cash i always get it recorded/ insured for the same amount as is being sent! saves alot of hassle!

Stuart
29-08-06, 10:07 PM
now now kids. yes its annoying not getting stuff, but the whole "we'll visit them and give em a kicking" wont work... well at the very least DONT mention it on a public forum lol.

you have his address. CCJ the git. That should atleast slow his life down.

RJM25R
29-08-06, 10:18 PM
Post up his address, we can all send him "nice" memento's... like human faeces?

Adam
29-08-06, 10:27 PM
Sorry to hear about this John, like you said, the number of posts people have doesn't neccessarily reflect how trusthworthy they are, everyone started with 0 posts at some time, so everyone has to start somewhere.

This kind of thing doesn't seem to happen often tho, i've never had it happen to me and i've dealt with quite a few "newbies" on here. Guess i may of just been lucky.

ade
29-08-06, 11:16 PM
tbh I dont buy stuff off here and if I am tempted its only from someone I've got to know well through chat or met through shows etc.

Where I can I'll go face to face to collect item and hand dosh over then.

Or I'll use paypal via ebay - that way if it doesnt arrive I'll claim it back through their refunds policy (guaranteed protection).

If it was a cheque you sent, speak to your bank and see if they can refund it to you...worth a try.

Jack
30-08-06, 12:12 PM
Stuart has a point - if anything happens to the person in question, and he goes to the police then there will be a list full of suspects right here!!

BigStan
30-08-06, 03:32 PM
Never happened to me but would imagine its fooking annoying !

nova---chris
30-08-06, 04:05 PM
Personally ive only ever sent cash once and will never do again.
Also only deal with someone who is local enough to drive to. And get a address. That way your not totally stuffed if things dont turn up.

Cash! please dont send it via post. ive learnt my lesson altho luckily ive not been ripped of yet. stick with cheque / paypal or direct bank. that way theres always a receipt of activitys if you need to push things further.

As for sorting it out (cough) perhaps pay a visit. nicely knock on the door (nicely) and just ask any chance in havin your parcel you paid for last year. perhaps he may be willing to help. you never know your luck . just remember tho 'BE NICE' lol :thumb: Good adive from me that !

As for sellers ripping of people. they are total c unts ' Sort of people who obviously arent getting very far in life. perhaps need there next shot or something. Touch wood they may end up dead. (anyhow no names mentioned just a general thought )

thanking you my children! follow the force. :thumb:

John
30-08-06, 06:31 PM
Stuart has a point - if anything happens to the person in question, and he goes to the police then there will be a list full of suspects right here!!

How stupid do you think i am? no don't answer that Lol! I'm not going to enter anything political over this, my personal views i have kept to myself.
From the looks of things, i'm not the only one he's done, I only hope that this sort of response to my post will make him feel a total t**t! and embarrass him from ever trying to sell anything on here again.
I really wouldn't have prefffered to have traded with him, but i needed the shafts quickly. Lesson learned!!
Oh, and i don't think it's possible to send cash recorded delivery? thats why i didn't. The post office generally tend to ask the value/contents of recorded letters.

Jack
30-08-06, 06:47 PM
You should be able to send cash special delivery (advisable over recorded delivery); post office shouldn't give a hoot whats in the letter, just its value.

dan23
30-08-06, 07:10 PM
when sending cash i use special delivery its guarantied to get there costs about ?5 .i learnt the hard way if u just sent recored you dont have a leg to stand if it goes missing all they say is it left the post office an they cant track it etc

-tucny-
31-08-06, 12:53 PM
everybody these days either has a paypal account, debit/credit card or cheque book, theres always good old postal orders too. iv never ever had the need to send cash. if anybody buys stuff from me, im more than happy for them to be cautious as i never have anything to hide so i either offer insurance, make it available on request, obtain receipts etc... so if a seller demands cash to be posted to them then somethings not right and whoever is stupid enough to send it must be so completely simple they almost deserve to be robbed and maybe a lesson can be learnt!

maybe some rules for people may help??

FOR THE SELLER

Offer insurance. if youve offered it and the buyer is too tight to pay it then its not your fault, youve done what you can. make it clear that unless its taken out then no refunds can be given other than standard compensation of up to ?32 which can be claimed from the royal mail but can take time.

Get a receipt. there free and its your proof of postage, treat it like a ?20 note till you hear confirmation of delivery.

Dont pack stuff like an idiot, include the cost of packing in you price. why should a buyer risk loosing what theyve paid for because you were too damn lazy to pack it properly.

Provide as much info as possible to the buyer, make them feel at ease.

If you havent made insurance available then at least compromise if there is a problem.

FOR THE BUYER

Think before you buy. a ?5 item could be cheap but worthless if it is damaged in the post. When thinking about buying an item allow a cost to be provided oin top for packing and suitable postage.

Take time to agree thing thing the seller inc insurnace, packing and what would happen if something went wrong. A genuine seller wont be afraid to explain.

Dont send cash, you idiot. cheques will prove they have received payment as will postal orders etc.. send them by recorded mail for a small fee and you have proof the they have received payment.

Dont expect a full refund and offer threats if you dont get the item when its you fault theres no insurance. accept the standard compensation from royal mail. anything else is up to the seller.

And yes if the seller has ripped you off and failed to stick to an agreement such as the above then name and shame. its quite funny to read their comments of 'oh, iv only just read the thread im so sorry, my nans cat was ill so i havnt read my emails' and my favourite so far after being named and shamed 'oh, the postman has just brought it back to my house, you'll never guess what, the packaging with your address on was damaged' because we all know that never happend!

Jack
31-08-06, 02:59 PM
Bear in mind Paypal charge a % to receive money, and then (if under ?50) a premium to unload to your account; so a seller loses a cut if the sale goes through Paypal.

John
31-08-06, 06:07 PM
everybody these days either has a paypal account, debit/credit card or cheque book, theres always good old postal orders too. iv never ever had the need to send cash. if anybody buys stuff from me, im more than happy for them to be cautious as i never have anything to hide so i either offer insurance, make it available on request, obtain receipts etc... so if a seller demands cash to be posted to them then somethings not right and whoever is stupid enough to send it must be so completely simple they almost deserve to be robbed and maybe a lesson can be learnt!

maybe some rules for people may help??

FOR THE SELLER

Offer insurance. if youve offered it and the buyer is too tight to pay it then its not your fault, youve done what you can. make it clear that unless its taken out then no refunds can be given other than standard compensation of up to ?32 which can be claimed from the royal mail but can take time.

Get a receipt. there free and its your proof of postage, treat it like a ?20 note till you hear confirmation of delivery.

Dont pack stuff like an idiot, include the cost of packing in you price. why should a buyer risk loosing what theyve paid for because you were too damn lazy to pack it properly.

Provide as much info as possible to the buyer, make them feel at ease.

If you havent made insurance available then at least compromise if there is a problem.

FOR THE BUYER

Think before you buy. a ?5 item could be cheap but worthless if it is damaged in the post. When thinking about buying an item allow a cost to be provided oin top for packing and suitable postage.

Take time to agree thing thing the seller inc insurnace, packing and what would happen if something went wrong. A genuine seller wont be afraid to explain.

Dont send cash, you idiot. cheques will prove they have received payment as will postal orders etc.. send them by recorded mail for a small fee and you have proof the they have received payment.

Dont expect a full refund and offer threats if you dont get the item when its you fault theres no insurance. accept the standard compensation from royal mail. anything else is up to the seller.

And yes if the seller has ripped you off and failed to stick to an agreement such as the above then name and shame. its quite funny to read their comments of 'oh, iv only just read the thread im so sorry, my nans cat was ill so i havnt read my emails' and my favourite so far after being named and shamed 'oh, the postman has just brought it back to my house, you'll never guess what, the packaging with your address on was damaged' because we all know that never happend!

Erm, i do not have a paypal account i had to shut it down due to someone hacking my e-bay account. Like i said in the original post, don't comment on how stupid posting cash was, i am FULLY aware, so less of the insults please!:thumb: . If you read the post correctly, The seller has never provided me with any postal details eg place time date etc, so i have nothing to work on! I've NEVER issued any threats, and i never honestly expected a full refund. I suggested this, not expected.
What i "expected" was some driveshafts for 80 quid!!

-tucny-
01-09-06, 08:55 AM
dont get me wrong, i wasnt having a go at you, just offering my opinion. so back to your post, if he hasnt got proof of id say it would be 'the right thing to do' to offer a refund as he cannot prove it was posted which is his fault not yours.

Bring on the future when teleportational postage may be available!