PDA

View Full Version : chassis leg

wee dav
29-08-06, 06:48 PM
HI! I'm new here:thumb: I was hoping someone could help me. I'm trying to restore my nova sr mk1 (89). I need a rear drivers side chassis leg. Vauxhall dont make them anymore and I cant find a company who does. I thought someone may have bought the original tooling from vauxhall.
Does any1 know if they are still made somewhere?

I really wanna get the car back to showroom condition If I can!

Hope someone can help! Cheers david

Adam
29-08-06, 06:59 PM
I dont think there made anymore, the last few were sold by vauxhall a while back.

You could cut some out of a rot free nova, if you can find one,Lol.

wee dav
29-08-06, 07:41 PM
I think the only place to find a rot free nova is spain and other warm countrieslol
The guy doing the work for me wasnt happy about using a second hand one. He is worried incase it wouldnt line up right. I may have to though!

Thanks for your help anyway:thumb:

craig green
29-08-06, 08:37 PM
Project sounds good mate.
I doubt you will find one tbh unless you get one that a hoarder decides to let go.

Ive just had mine repaired big style as my back end was seriously rotted. If you want to do a good job I would suggest cutting a good one from a rot free car. Plenty about really.
If I was doing it myself (I cant weld) with time not an issue I'd cut a good one out & then get it zinc plated/galvanised before welding it in. Wont rust then!

nova~norm
30-08-06, 05:56 PM
(u cant weld sumin 1s its calvionised tho)

Sorry if am wrong

ste porter
02-09-06, 10:55 PM
yes you can but the fumes it gives of is highly toxic and poison and it doesent generaly leave a very nice weld but yes you can weld galvanised steel

nova~norm
03-09-06, 11:16 AM
lol