PDA

View Full Version : Rev counter signal, 1.2i

Spudly
28-08-06, 10:04 PM
Err right ive just got myself a K-plate 1.2i spin, and its the poverty spec model lol not even a fag lighter or clock, but seen as how the interior has been stripped out and im putting it back in ive found all the wires for the clock, lighter, glovebox light and switch so im putting em all in!
Question, ive put a set of SR/i clocks in and even though the green wire is in the plug on the back the rev counter dont work, where should the signal come from as there is a green wire going to the coil but it goes to the top pin and not the bottom one which i know is where the carb model signal comes from!!
Any help will be much appreciated, the clocks are from a 70k SRi and were working 3weeks ago when they cam out, cheers peeps!!

Adam
28-08-06, 10:06 PM
Should go to bottom right terminal.

Spudly
28-08-06, 10:09 PM
Thats what i thought but there is a green wire already on the top right terminal, and the green wire is connected in the plug end at the clocks, so thats why im confused, would it be worth jus running a wire from the anyways and removing the green one already in the plug at the clocks??

Adam
28-08-06, 10:13 PM
Plug it onto the bottom right terminal.

Spudly
28-08-06, 10:15 PM
What you mean jus move the wire from the pin its on down to the other? I did think bout that but surely its on that one for some function, but i spose it can only work or not work lol

Adam
28-08-06, 10:19 PM
Just sounds like someones plugged it on the wrong terminal.

Spudly
28-08-06, 10:20 PM
Sod it i know its late ill nip out n try it now lol, its all standard so the nieghbours wont hear it lol!! Ill keep ya posted cheers!!

Spudly
28-08-06, 10:37 PM
Jus been out and got me hands dirty in the dark, (good old mag-lite lol) errm no joy swapped over the green wire and fired her up and no movement on the rev counter, just noticed the coil is one of the ones with some kind of booster bit under it, (square type coil obviously lol) had similar prob on my mates old GSi and we never did get the counter working, there is another green in the feed to whatever the bit under the coil is, isnt there? Whats the one for does anyone know? cheers ppl!!