PDA

View Full Version : fitting bucket seats and harnesses

chimp007_uk
28-08-06, 06:15 PM
i'm fitting some bucket seats that i have in my gte for road rallying, until i can afford a better set. i've taken the subframe soff my gte seats, and have made up a bar to fit them to the original holes in the subframe.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/chimp007_uk/SP_A0090.jpg

i need to have the standard seat belts fitted as stated in the regs, so does anyone know where i can mount the clip? and how? and where i can mount the harnes to?

on the driver's seat i have it mounted to the clip socket using larger bolts and a spacer.

thanks all
chris

chimp007_uk
28-08-06, 09:15 PM
anyone...

dan23
28-08-06, 09:26 PM
by clip u mean the release part with the red button on ,just leave it on the sub frame were it is

chimp007_uk
28-08-06, 09:34 PM
yeh the release part... the problem is that the bit where the release bit bolts to is on the gte seat and not on the subframe. people must have come across this problem when running buckets and harnesses.

dan23
28-08-06, 09:55 PM
i thought it was on subframe i am sure mine were when i changed to calibra seats .
in that case make a small metal plate an weld it to floor an attach it to or maybe weld it to sub frame

chimp007_uk
28-08-06, 10:22 PM
i was thinking of that, or bolting it to the floor plan, but not sure if so, where to do it..?!?

any pics of how people have done it would be appreciated :)

stv-b16a
29-08-06, 12:12 AM
its def on the seats, well it is on my car anyway.

i would weld some 3mm plate to the chassis/floorpan and drill right through so you can see the ground and then bolt the buckle release to the plate/chassis.

make sure you seal the holes on the underside with waxoil or the likes once youve got everything fitted.