PDA

View Full Version : engine swap

Anonymous
06-03-01, 06:06 PM
my mate recently rolled his corsa SRi 8v and told me i can have the engine for good money . i have a 1.4 sr nova which is runnin shit at the moment and is really pissin me off . i could be drivin along fine one minute and the next thing it will start dyin and splutterin. could i swap my engine 4 his injected one .is it a straight swap? how do i wire it up ?will the exhaust system line up or would it be a waste of time

Anonymous
06-03-01, 06:20 PM
very tricky I would say I think you will have to change the tank, wireing, engine and its a lot of messing about if you want the engine then I would say to get sone twin 40's and stick them on because they are as good as in injection if not better & it will fly.

Anonymous
06-03-01, 07:16 PM
The twin 40`s are a lot thirstier than the twin 40`s if you go flat out everywhere, Then again tey`re a lot easier to fit!

Anonymous
06-03-01, 11:03 PM
I get about 30 mpg when driving freely, and maybe more when I`m takin it easy. If I hammer it its more like 20. Carbs give shit loads more power than injection ever will, but you loose that nice easy drive.

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
07-03-01, 09:33 AM
Twin 40's are a lot thirstier than twin 40's...eh Kieth?!?!?! lol :p

[ged_bong]
My mojo needs realigning
WWW.ROYBACER.CO.UK
Ged@roybacer.co.uk