PDA

View Full Version : System for warning ppl of who NOT to buy items off

wannabegsi
28-08-06, 04:15 PM
Hi most of you have probly read that im having trouble with a member who i have paid money to for an item that i have never recived......

I am wanting to start a thread on how we can tackly this as a club hopefully we can devise a system that people can trust in. Any ideas you can think of please post here then hopefully something will come of it.

My idea would be....
A specific forum that people can post in when they want to report a member for such a thing. This way would be easy to manage in only having the negative things put up so hopefully not many......

If you can think of any other systems post here

MSG to admins can you please take note of this and post you views on a system

Thanks

SuperNova!
28-08-06, 04:22 PM
I think paid up members have a certain trustworthyness, and I think people will take you more seriously if you become a paid up full member its only a fiver.

One idea would to have the person selling the goods to send you a message through ebay, most people have ebay accounts and from that you can see that they have good feedback.

One thing anyway...

:thumb:

wannabegsi
28-08-06, 04:38 PM
I dont think just because some 1 has paid 5pounds to become a member makes them trust worthy like you said "its only a fiver"

Dan
28-08-06, 04:48 PM
hmm here we go, right for a start there is a small button where you can add to someones reputation already. beyond this what can we do.....

Now with the site, is offered a chance 'if you so wish' to advertise your personal items in free forums. Others 'if they so choose' can purchase these items at an agreed rate etc with the seller.

It has sod all to do with us lol

Its no different to buying out of a paper's classified etc etc. I take it with this post you are as we speak writing a letter to the local loot/freeads/tradeit papers demanding the same from them. if you really really want a system like that go to ebay etc and then meet people like magika who will just screw you over on there instead.

I appreciate you have had problems, and no, a fiver to upgrade to premium means diddly squat to be honest

Welsh Dan
28-08-06, 04:50 PM
This kind of idea doesnt work. Untrustworthy members can just create a new username and scam under that. If you dont trust someone, dont buy from them.

wannabegsi
28-08-06, 05:18 PM
Dan no need to be funny mate
" I take it with this post you are as we speak writing a letter to the local loot/freeads/tradeit papers demanding the same from them. "

i am not demanding anything i was just trying too see if a system could be set up thats all........

Mike
28-08-06, 06:18 PM
Dan no need to be funny mate
" I take it with this post you are as we speak writing a letter to the local loot/freeads/tradeit papers demanding the same from them. "

i am not demanding anything i was just trying too see if a system could be set up thats all........

If you ask me, the post count and user rep is enough to go by tbh :thumb:

philly
28-08-06, 06:44 PM
not many people use the rep button though.

i have bough and sold loads via novaload and yet my rep hasnt changed

General Baxter
28-08-06, 06:44 PM
im sorry but i agree with dan here, you sell and buy at your own will! novaload has nothing to do with it,

im sure if 'novaload' made you pay to post up for sale adds, then 'novaload' could take up the case (like ebay) and in the words of migweb, 'pay him a visit',

theres paypal, if you paid by that take up a complaint with them,

i say take it it with the trading standards,

AND MOST PEOPLE JUST USE THE REP BUTTON AND CALL OUT A HOMO LOL

Ash
28-08-06, 06:51 PM
on migweb you have an itrader score - is this anything to do with buying and selling items?

they use vBulletin as well so it could just be an add on package?

Ash

Lee
28-08-06, 06:56 PM
on migweb you have an itrader score - is this anything to do with buying and selling items?

Ash

..and you pay to advertise your goods, therefore MIG take more of an interest what goes on.

Mike

Ash

More exspense for admin as if it is an add on pack, it cost money :thumb:

philly
yeah the i trader on migweb is the same as your feedback score on ebay

RJM25R
28-08-06, 10:12 PM
Reputation points are fallible. Anyone can give you negative because they don't agree with a post you made (like Stuart did to me!)

SRlew
28-08-06, 10:32 PM
ditto ^^ i had that

Jack
28-08-06, 10:59 PM
I am wanting to start a thread on how we can tackly this as a club
Hmm... Novaload isn't a club though, its just a web forum.

General Baxter
28-08-06, 11:17 PM
jack u in da club?

Jack
28-08-06, 11:23 PM
With Thomas (http://thomasindaclub.ytmnd.com/), yes :D

doherty
28-08-06, 11:27 PM
unless we jus put up who has bought off who an vice versa:confused:

ill start... novamadman-100%-tho can be a little pricey:p lol o/j

Stuart
29-08-06, 09:24 AM
Reputation points are fallible. Anyone can give you negative because they don't agree with a post you made (like Stuart did to me!)

twas only in response to your neggy for me :p

but hey lets not get petty.,... oh you just did.....

im in agreement with dan. its a free service. you take your chances. If you have someones address then you can CCJ them so thats some protection.

Mazz
29-08-06, 10:02 AM

Thats the same for iTrader afaik, anyone can leave anyone else random feedback - so its not fool-proof..

Best way is going by post count imo....

Stuart
29-08-06, 10:27 AM
yeah i was given good i-trader feedback for somethings i purchased a year before i-trader was setup lol.

everything is spoofable these days. just trust your gut feeling and if in doubt ask others.

Paul
29-08-06, 01:03 PM
I agree the best way to see is by post count, and length of time the members been on here.

If theyve been on here 2/3 years then they should be considered trustworthy seing as otherwise admin would have given them a kick in the backside away.

The only simple option is just a list of names stickied at the top of the forum parts for sale, of whom people have had good dealings with,

I can name a few of the top of my head

RobLee
Breeny
Jim
(Riggy,Srs1,Rexy all that lot)
B8GHY
I think Col Smith is cool to deal with

List goes on and on, iv been around for 4 years on here now, and never had 1 problem and I v bought and sold loads of items

Paul