PDA

View Full Version : suspension tuned by lotus.

stv-b16a
28-08-06, 02:59 PM
what does this mean in relation to the corsa b. would this suspension be compatable with my nova if i used corsa driveshafts. i believe novas/corsas share the same running gear but the corsa track control arms ect are slightly wider on the corsa. did lotus really set up the suspension on some corsas?
what did this involve?

Philsutton
28-08-06, 04:16 PM
Thats a new one to me, not heard of lotus doing the suspension ect.. Anyway the corsa, tigra, nova suspension is all the same design as in it will all swap over. Only differences will in the spring rates and that as they will be different but then so will 1.6-1.0 nova stuff.

Phil GTE
28-08-06, 04:34 PM
Belive Lotus looked at the Corsa GSI suspension - therefore if you get some standard CORSA GSI shocks you can also run 'suspension tuned by Lotus' badges (from a Proton GTI (I thank))

Although, I would say your better off buying a proper Nova kit............

stv-b16a
28-08-06, 04:41 PM
i was thinking more along the lines of the geometry tca's etc. being different. also someone definately told me there are slight differences between nova and corsa suspension eg. wider slightly

Philsutton
28-08-06, 04:54 PM
corsas are wider yes, the lower arms are longer tcas have different mounting points. You can fit the early lower arms to the nova if you want massive negative camber. I wouldnt use the corsa shafts as they are a fair bit longer than the novas and you end up snapping cv joints every 5 mins.

DIY*VALVER84
28-08-06, 08:55 PM
my Lreg nova van is running corsa hub carriers with courtenay shafts and hubs so surely if the corsa setup was different then it wouldn't fit would it??? im not sure thinking bout it.

Philsutton
28-08-06, 08:57 PM
The early corsa hub carriers are exactly the same, the later ones are are slightly longer with different ball joints. Main difference is actualy width of the car.

stv-b16a
29-08-06, 12:34 AM
so could i carry the whole lot over from an early corsa to achieve slightly wider track or would this be a waste of time. how much negative camber? i know a bit is advantageous or is that positive camber lol ?

anyone know more about the whole lotus tweaked suspension?

anyone know of any advantages of the corsa tca's hub carriers ect.

Glengy
29-08-06, 12:54 AM
The lotus tweeks were on the post 96 phase 2 ones.

stv-b16a
29-08-06, 01:02 AM
what did they consist of? any idea glengy.

i feel priveliged that your first post was to reply to my ranting about corsa suspension lol lol lol

Stuart
29-08-06, 08:42 AM
Lotus do a lot of work for GM and other manufacturers.

eg they designed/picked the rates/valving for most vauxhalls from about 1995 onwards, and designed engines from about 2000 onwards etc.

it dosent mean that you have a lotus "tuned" car. it just means they were pimping their engineers out for extra cash lol

stv-b16a
29-08-06, 12:43 PM
could i carry the corsa suspension over and use corsa shafts with my 16v engine? what do you think stuart? you seem to know what your talking about. i dont want to go ahead and do it and find out it wont fit. has anyone on here done this mod before.

Stuart
29-08-06, 12:53 PM
you can use corsa suspension (upto the end of the B range)

as for shafts etc.... listen to phil.

but to be honest why use old shocks/springs that wont be suitable for fast road/nova use when you can get the right stuff from all the usual sus makers

stv-b16a
29-08-06, 01:08 PM
i mean tca's tie bars ect. everything but the springs shocks.

would i not have to use corsa shafts as my front track would be that bit wider?

Stuart
29-08-06, 01:44 PM
re-read what phil wrote on the first page.....