PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure

General Baxter
27-08-06, 01:55 PM
i have about 15meters of oil pipe going around the engine bay, going to remote filters, coolers, turbo all on 1/2" piping

will my ol pressure but up to it to push it around the engine bay? or will i have to play?lol

mowgli
27-08-06, 08:33 PM
should be fine, the engines oilways aren't very big so the flow won't be compromised.
There is a blokey who is based near you who used to prepare jag e-type racers & when I worked at the tractor dealer in twycross, I sold him a load of 1/2" bore hydraulic hoses to rig up oil coolers & dry sumps etc. I never heard of any problems with them.

novamadman
27-08-06, 09:29 PM
i think you can space the oil pump or something to get increased pressure, its fairly simple to do as far as i know, dont know if you need to or whatever just an idea

maybe someone can shed some light?

shane

craig green
28-08-06, 04:53 PM
Doesn't sound too bad, the relief valve regulates pressure anyway so its not like the pump is at full capacity. All the bits you have are nothing out of the norm that you hear people fitting. 1/2" sounds a bit meaty for turbo feed though. Arent you going to use what Mvaux supply?

General Baxter
28-08-06, 06:35 PM
Arent you going to use what Mvaux supply?

no they sound a bit of a bodge, (weld in sump return) lol