PDA

View Full Version : STE this is serious!

Anonymous
05-03-01, 08:46 PM
right i am in serious trouble,im gonna be racing my mate at santa pod in the summer,and i need to beat him,hes got a 1.7 crossflow fiesta,twin 40s cam lightened flywheel,headwork.and lsd

i have a 1800 8v, im havin twin 40 or 45s,piper cam,getting the head done,fly wheel,crank,pistons lightened and balanced. what else, i dont thimk this is gonna be quick enough, i should be able to get hold of a lsd very cheap apart from this what else can i do?

i know how to do a turbo conversion myself,but its a bit pricey for insurance,ive been thinking about nitrous,very expensive though!!!

any ideas,anybody?? a slight bigger rebore,2L crank?? help!!!!

Anonymous
05-03-01, 09:27 PM
is ur engine out of an astra?-if so,is it out of a gte or SRi?if its out of an SRi fit the ecu from a gte,Ive been told,this is the only real difference between the engines

Anonymous
05-03-01, 10:43 PM
its a gte,but its running on carbs not ecu.

Anonymous
05-03-01, 11:15 PM
Strip as much weight from the car as possible. Have you got adjustable suspension? If you have, set the rear v.hard, and the front soft, so that the weight doesnt shift off of the front wheels.

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
05-03-01, 11:24 PM
the car is already stripped out,all i have is a rollcage,two buckets!!
the back suspension is so low and hard it dosnt move.

Anonymous
06-03-01, 12:06 AM
Remember fords are shit!! my 1.2 can give a 1.6 xr2 a good run round the town and on the a roads i can keep with them!!

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
06-03-01, 12:06 AM
Remember fords are shit!! my 1.2 can give a 1.6 xr2 a good run round the town and on the a roads i can keep with them!!

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
06-03-01, 08:36 AM
The crossflow actually aint that bad, compared to all of the rest.

My advice is practice your starts, and take your roll cage out. I found that the starts make or break a run. Not just reaction time, but wether you spin up , bog dow, or launch perfectley.

Anonymous
06-03-01, 09:19 AM
Loose weight, remove headlight and fit cold air ducting, slicks and a big bucket of tyre softener!!!

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---

Anonymous
06-03-01, 05:38 PM
the crossflow is actually based on a 1950s F1 engine,the bottom end can take 300bhp,the standard shitty head cant,but a decent one can,and guess what he has a good un.im in shit arnt i,come on tell me,i cant do much more can i??
weve got a bit of a bet on it,and im gonna loose,shit.
anyway in the late summer me and and a group of mates are going santa pod,this is the final showdown between us.its gonna be good.
would be better if some of you went aswell as there all ford boys,and i can see me coming in 4th,between us.
1st will be my mate in his twin engined fiesta (700bhp)or his scort turbo (350bhp)
2nd & 3rd will be between the guy im betting with in his 160bhp fiesta,and my mate with his kit car with a 1.6 crossflow in it.
me in 4th :(
no u should all come up though as its gonna be class.more details later in the year though,but if wanna see one crazy fiesta,then come,it does 0-60 in about 4 sec,its 4 wheel drive,twin turbo.mad..and its got nova style wheel arches.let me know if any of u are interested,of if u think u can beat any of em for the nova peeps.

Anonymous
06-03-01, 08:36 PM
I'd be interested to come and watch as i only live about 7 miles away. Keep us informed. BTW- who's doing your head? I reckon thats the bit to get right first. Also what about mods to the gearbox?

Anonymous
06-03-01, 08:56 PM
get a blyndestein head. ive heard they is good!!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
06-03-01, 09:08 PM
the guy who built the twin engined fiesta is doing my head,hes wicked at em,he charges half that blyndestein would,and there done better. hes charging about 200 smacker for stage 3 jobbies, big valves,all seat re done,opening blended in to the manifold, the lot.
Gear box mods, well im getting a limited slip diff,that should help.

Anonymous
06-03-01, 11:12 PM
I`m definately interested in coming along, might even run aswell. Us Nova owners have got to stick together. As for the head, how do you actually know which is better, have you bench tested both? Alot of the cosmetic stuff can be impressive, but how can you be sure the internals are up to scratch. I`d like to see one of these heads. Like I say I`m definately up for some action, and I`ll give ya some support.

Anonymous
08-03-01, 10:24 PM
cheers mate,and as for the heads,he works with me at jaguar,and his job is to moddify jag heads,and as he has completly built a twin engined car capable of 450 brake per engine(totaly on his own), id dont doubt his head modding capabiltyies :) ill keep u all posted on santa pod, but we need more novas.