PDA

View Full Version : nova PAS

matthew172
26-08-06, 04:12 PM
anyone know how hard it is to fit power assisted steering out of the corsa b into the nova?? i know you have to use the steering column but wat about mounting it, wiring it up etc??

thanx

General Baxter
26-08-06, 04:12 PM
do a search, jeez!

matthew172
26-08-06, 04:45 PM
right well ive now got the info, just wundering if any1 knows what needs to be modified in the ecu for the corsa epas system, is it a possible diy job??

Geth
26-08-06, 05:11 PM
I didn't think you needed to do anything with ecu. As long as it's wired up correctly it should just be switch the ignition on and off you go.

novamadman
26-08-06, 06:33 PM
right well ive now got the info, just wundering if any1 knows what needs to be modified in the ecu for the corsa epas system, is it a possible diy job??

matthew the wiring is easy and straight forward, you have wires from coloum to ecu but if you it from the corsa then just keep the wires intact and it plugs in fine, there are two other spaces on the ecu for plugs - one is to the coloum, one is for power and earth - you will need the plug out of the corsa for his as it will make it easier, and the middle plug hole im not sure what is for - you dont need it in the nova but we have bought a program control from pro tec to plug in here for dash adjustment.

as far as mounting it goes im not sure yet - but if you find anything out please let me know

cheers shane

craig green
26-08-06, 06:54 PM
The upper column support will need to be welded to the Nova bulkhead. Quite good as you can decide the position of the wheel up or down if you want to alter it slightly.

novamadman
26-08-06, 06:59 PM
The upper column support will need to be welded to the Nova bulkhead. Quite good as you can decide the position of the wheel up or down if you want to alter it slightly.

correct me if im wrong craig im only guessing here - does the coloum support nearest the wheel not mount where the nova coloum mounts, and then there is a second mounting point which is on the "pump" or whatever that is, which turns around on the coloum - is there not something to be made/welded for this to mount to

shane

Robo
03-09-06, 01:40 AM
try using the pump from a saxo as it runs from your battary

craig green
03-09-06, 12:27 PM
try using the pump from a saxo as it runs from your battary

That would be what I call an electro/hydraulic type PAS setup. The one in question here is an electronic assisted column or EPAS.
Both can be done on a Nova. I've got the 12v hydraulic pump & Corsa GSi hydraulic rack to go on mine shortly.
The newer EPAS seems to be the favourable way now.

Ive noticed in pics of the EPAS parts that it has 2 UJ's on the column. Does this mean that the column & wheel could be welded on straight? as opposed to the std Nova wheel which on the piss.