PDA

View Full Version : Car not running right?

hagger
26-08-06, 11:12 AM
hey, im sure my car aint running right(1.4 SR). ive changed the plugs leads dizzy cap and rotar arm.need to change oil and filter as of yet.

was out last nite with my mate who has an 1.2 luxe(with blown head gasket) and he car was pulling away and staying with mine!surley mine should easily beat his!!

Im thinking if my car needs a the carb stripping down,cleaning and rebuilding?

I also took my mate out in my car and he thinks the exhaust system is restricting it in some way??

Im not that mechanically minded and appreicate any help!

My car has the follwing mods: full peco exhaust system and knn bolt on!
Its a 19901.4SR with only 24K on the clock.

Cheers in advance for any help.

Sam.

hagger
26-08-06, 07:10 PM
anyone??:(

Sam.

Ricky G
26-08-06, 10:30 PM
is it 24k on the clock or 124k on the clock??as u said try rebuilding the carb and cleaning it! i remember picking up my 1.4 sr and when i got onto motorway i put my fut down and was not impressed!! it only went to 90 and had no more! i slowed down and then booted it again and got 100! it sounds stupid but it was like i was freeing up th engine as it hadnt been thrashed atall. i had the clocks reading over 130 at just over the 7 on the rev counter a week later! not sure what actual speed was! so just give it a kaning but check oil an water 1st! how's that for proffesional advice lol

hagger
26-08-06, 10:34 PM
hey, its gen 24k :P got fsh and that lot! ive been driving it for bout a month and i havnt driven it that soft!!all mine does it bout 100 and nomore is there! i know it could do with a oil change as well and maybe the carb could do with a good clean!!

Sam.