PDA

View Full Version : Anything fiberglass designed for weight loss or rally orientated

ste porter
26-08-06, 03:33 AM
im basicly after

fiberglass bonnet
fiberglass boot
fiberglass doors
fiberglass mk1 front wings
the rally styled bumpers with the grills all moulded into the bumpers either the real old mk1 style bumper cant remember what its called or the gsi rally designed 1s

another steering wheel
any bucket seats that are better than corbou forenza sports

perspex windows

the front half of a safety devices roll cage or will swop a safety devices half cage and cash for any full cage

14 inch vauxhall wheels alloys may consider a tidy set of 15s

sump gaurds ect

basicly anything rally or motor sport orientated the car is a 2.0l 8v sri lump on gsxr carbs by the way

any websites or links u may think would be usefull 2 me would also be apreciated cheers

Steve0011
27-08-06, 04:10 PM
are you competing??

Mike
27-08-06, 04:23 PM
are you competing??

Looking at that shopping list, it sounds as if a nova is being specced to race. Or maybe even road rally

ste porter
28-08-06, 01:37 AM
done a few auto tests ect in it already and has next to nothing left other than bare esentials its been on a diet but i still feel shes a fat lady to fat to road rally but i am hoping 2 compete before the end of the year in it if i dont do something daft like selling it

but yes that is a future plan but its gona stay on the road aswell cause the jaw droping looks on scooby drivers faces when they see the standard looking nova they overtook sticking on there bumpers and beating them through the bends and pulling away from them on the exit is priceless

Mike
28-08-06, 06:47 PM
but yes that is a future plan but its gona stay on the road aswell cause the jaw droping looks on scooby drivers faces when they see the standard looking nova they overtook sticking on there bumpers and beating them through the bends and pulling away from them on the exit is priceless

Ace! :thumb:

Road rallying is great fun!! Althou a lot of cars/drivers i know dont actually strip there cars out that much, they just favour 106 & 205 rallye's instead lol

Steve0011
29-08-06, 10:55 AM
Now for the reason for my question :p :D

your shopping list is not quite whats allowed for road rallies, you car needs to be fairly standard eg. rear seats, interior trim, carpets and original seat belts etc. if you stage rallying the fiberglass and perspex windows would be ok but i dont think there allowed (re Blue Book) i will hold my hands up if im wrong :)

personly i would give the fiberglass doors a miss m8 you need a bit of metal around you if things go t?ts up (if you know what i mean) spend your money on the best suspension and brake set-up you can afford getting the car handling and more importantly stopping will save you shed loads of time on the selectives.

Have fun m8 :D also have a look here www.rallyusedparts.co.uk (http://www.rallyusedparts.co.uk)

steve

BTW m8 i road rally a nova1.4 (enduro spec) and i drive a scoob as my every day car (theres a reason that 4 wheel drive turbo cars like scoobs, evo's and the like are being banned from road rallies THERE TO DAM QUICK :D :p

Nick
29-08-06, 01:02 PM
One thing you seem to have forgotten !

A road-rally car cannot run on more than 2chokes per 4 cylinders.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but GSX-R carbs are likely to have 4 chokes ?

Road-rallying is not about speed really, it's more of a navigators job, cladding your car in fiberglass might not be allowed, and you'l end up smashing the thing to bits.

Nick
29-08-06, 01:05 PM
Ace! :thumb:

Road rallying is great fun!! Althou a lot of cars/drivers i know dont actually strip there cars out that much, they just favour 106 & 205 rallye's instead lol

that's because your not allowed to strip the interiors ha lol

ste porter
29-08-06, 05:26 PM
valid points but i still want all the bits above as i want a skiny lady even if its 2 much 2 road rally i can still use it down the strip track days auto tests ect plus like i say i wana keep it on the road aswell for week end fun

but yea i know theres alot of clubs ect that wont alow it to compete because of the exstent of the modifications but its not so much beeing built just for that im also having fun building it (almost as much fun as driving it)and i wana know just how light and drivable a nova can realy be

and if im honest i will hold my hands up and admit it is already a little 2 much realy for auto testing on grass lol

Nick
29-08-06, 05:34 PM
doesn't matter on Clubs.

Surely you have an MSA liscence !? if so you should have an MSA handbook.

Explains all the rules. A car on carbs can't compete, unless it's a historic, or it came factory fitted with them

Also i'm sure there are no modifications allowed to the original Bodywork.

Just a word of warning, that all this will render it useless for Road rallying, and it's useless to start off with !

I do know, i rally a scirocco GT2 !

chimp007_uk
29-08-06, 05:35 PM
no fibreglass panels on road rally cars, or perspex windows, basis bor it is that they are ment to look like standard road going cars...

you can cheat and take out the seats and fit foam blocks covered in fabirc to look like rear seats ;)

as for the carb's, you are only allowed to run 2chokes per 4 cylinders as stated by nick. thats why you come acros maniolds to fit a single twin weber 40.

my bro has a got a set of r1 carbs on a manifold for his pinto, best bet is to check out bogg brothers. they the boys for that sort of thing. you'll have to havea custom manifold made to fit them and some samco hosing...

Nick
29-08-06, 05:40 PM
i don't think he's asking about carbs. the Car is allready on bike carbs !

Anyhow this is a bit off-topic. Just meerly warning you !

ste porter
29-08-06, 08:35 PM
cheers guys for the info and heads up ect but i would still like to find the parts oh and about the carbs originaly was on carbs now back on injection and hopefully will be on the bike carbs very shortly

chimp007_uk
29-08-06, 08:55 PM
you can easily make some font wings... i bought a book on fibre glassing. the formula student team built all their body work themselves, was the nuts... f1 bodywork, will find a pic

easy to do, use an old wing...