PDA

View Full Version : wet carpets!!

staggy_gsi
25-08-06, 06:49 PM
does anyone have trouble with water running through the heater blower and down onto the front footwells? i cant seem to stop it from happening so any help would be appretiated, thanks!

studaman21
25-08-06, 06:51 PM
the heater matrix is fooked mate

SRlew
25-08-06, 06:54 PM
have you got a hole in the battery tray? that where mine was coming in from carpets where soaking! and smelt!

Lee
25-08-06, 09:48 PM
Taste the water. And i dont mean ring the carpet out into a glass and take a swig, i mean dab a bit on your tongue. If its sweet tasting, im afraid its your matrix, and its time to take the dash out lol (of course this will only work if you have coolant in the water sytem and not just water!!)

If it tastes like fresh water, you have a leak, and it could be coming from anywhere including the blower, battery tray, loom grommets or even the windscreen seal.

Dod
25-08-06, 11:28 PM
Check your Battrey Tray, Heater Matrix (is the car loosing water in the expansion tank) and or anywhere there is rust around the top half of your car. Keep us posted.

staggy_gsi
26-08-06, 03:46 PM
actually it is losing a bit of water, but not that much. its definately coming in through the blower because there is still water sat in it!! ill do the antifreeze taste test aswell though!! lol

Adam
26-08-06, 05:24 PM
Tasting anti-freeze :confused:
Lol

Dod
26-08-06, 11:51 PM
Its deadly with a drop of Vodka, really deadly!! Its your heater Matrix mate, and an awkward ******* of a job to replace, but no special skills are needed other than patience. Is it a facelift dash or an early item?

staggy_gsi
27-08-06, 10:59 AM
its a facelift mate, its the silver k reg 'ex condition' gsi sold to me by majika! how long should it take to do?

Dod
27-08-06, 01:17 PM
Its just a matter of removing the dash, allow a Saturday or Sunday afternoon mate. You know where the Dash is held in place or will i tell you?

staggy_gsi
28-08-06, 10:17 AM
im sure il work it out, it cant be that difficult. try doin a heater matrix on a citroen berlingo, there a reet b****rd!! if i get stuck il give you a shout mate, cheers!!

studaman21
28-08-06, 10:28 AM
best thing to do for now is bypass the matrix with 16mm coolant hose till you have time to physically do it mate

Mike
28-08-06, 10:35 AM
its a facelift mate, its the silver k reg 'ex condition' gsi sold to me by majika! how long should it take to do?

You dont live in the wolverhampton area do you?

staggy_gsi
29-08-06, 03:15 PM
no scarborough mate, why u ask?

stv-b16a
29-08-06, 03:38 PM
my girlfriend is lol at your citroen berlingo staggy lol