PDA

View Full Version : LCD Dash...

Anonymous
03-03-01, 08:51 PM
I'm going to look at an Astra digital dash either tomorrow or Monday, and I just want to check exactly what bits I need off it?

The dash obviously, and the sender from the gear box?

It's already on a Nova by the way......so any other bits I need?

Anonymous
03-03-01, 09:11 PM
yeah the sender. you need some patience and thats about it

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
03-03-01, 09:11 PM
ALSO........I've seen this guide for fitting it into a MKII dash: http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/novadude999/digital.htm

BUT, does anyone know where I can find a guide for fitting into a MKI dash.
I know it's a bit harder to fit.....so any help guys and gals would be appreciated..cheers

Anonymous
04-03-01, 03:25 PM
As far as I`m aware the wiring is exactly the same, it`s just a pain physically fitting the clox into the dash. (no removable sun visor), hpoe this helps!

Anonymous
04-03-01, 04:21 PM
If you look on the www.png.co.uk page there is a fitting guide in the project gsi section telling you how to do it.
Rick

Fords smoke more than oil refinery's

Anonymous
04-03-01, 10:30 PM
Cheers lads.....I had more time on my hand today than expected, and I've now got a digi dash...all fitted and working!

I had a major advantage - I was taking it out of a Nova, so all I has to do was snip the wires from the Nova loom, so I'd got them to use for wiring into my loom.

Anyway, it's in and it all works, except for the choke warning light, but I think I knocked the bulb at I was fitting it, so I'll check it tomorrow.

It was a little tricky to get it in, but I found my cutting slots in each corner of the hole, when you push in the clocks, the plastic bends out of the way, giving the required room. I've just got to finish it off around the corners as I've now got triangular holes that are visible. Shouldn't be a prob though, with some plastic filler and some grey paint to match the dash.

Anyway....it cost ?20....TWENTY QUID!!!

Is that a bargain or what! That's the dash and the gear box sender unit, and the wiring of course.

The lad I bought it off has got this Nova he's bought to strip for parts, and I looking at it and noticed the dash, so I said I'd have it....so I went back today, and well, you know the rest.

He will be joining the PNG soon, as I've given him the details.

Anonymous
11-03-01, 01:26 AM
anyone know if u can only put a digi dash in a injection car as i have a bogo non injection nova sr and want to do it??
thanks