PDA

View Full Version : big block conversion

Tazzy
24-08-06, 04:18 PM
can anyone post a full plan and instructions (and anything that will need to be bought) to drop in a astra gte 2.0 8v mpi into a 1.4 nova sr please

nova currently being a carb, the engine will remain electronic multi point fuel injection system, so will need to know all about loom what to use and where to put it, as well as ecu, fuel tank/pump etc

cheerz, very much appreciated!

Tazzy
25-08-06, 03:11 PM
oh, and driveshafts, whats cvs to use etc

cheerz!

morley
25-08-06, 03:52 PM
we have just put a C20LET engine into a 1.3sr for a mate, not quite finished yet but we have changed the tank, added astra fuel pump (dont no if this is same as nova GSI pump), wiring is a bitch (or it was for us not very experianced people), we drilled a large hole in the bulk head behind the steering wheel and the scuttle panel to get the wiring loom from the engine around the drivers strut and in behind the dash, there are other options though.
We used large hubs and shafts from Regal (originally, bought from NL) i think we used the astra cv's (new ones). you could use the 2ltr shafts and gearbox cv's and normal nov hub cv's i think, anotehr mate did this with a 20XE conversion and they were fine. apart from this we had to lower shell over engine not lower engine into car because of the engine/gearbox size (pobably not the same problem with yours, not sure).

We have cut the front panel and used part of another one so we can change the rad if needed with out taking engine out.

Used conversion engine mounts and gear box spacer from a company on ebay based in blackburn they were really helpful.

hope some of this helps.

Welsh Dan
25-08-06, 03:53 PM
http://www.valvers.com/docs.php

DIY*VALVER84
27-08-06, 11:36 PM
hello tazzy.
if you do as xenophobiak says and look at valvers.com you can download the wiring info etc and shaft info. you need mk2 cav 1.6 inner shafts and gte gsi outers. wiring is a piece of piss lol if you get stuck with it then call me if you still have my numb might be able to pop over and give you hand.
scott.