PDA

View Full Version : ---1.4i Upgrade from 1.0---

Anonymous
02-03-01, 12:02 PM
I had enough of my crappy 1.0 engine and want to upgrade so somting like a 1.4i
although I know noything about engines so I need the whole job done for me how much will it cost for everything I need
with fitting and where can I get it done ? Cheers

Anonymous
02-03-01, 12:06 PM
you are better off with 1.4 carb engine

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am Sat - 11pm Sun ---

Anonymous
02-03-01, 12:08 PM
Its only an idea, but why dont you sell the 1.0 and buy a 1.4 or a 1.3 or something.
That way everything is upgraded and is improved, brakes, suspension, interior, etc.

They can be picked up from as little as ?300 for a early SR, or around ?800 for a 1.4 or an SRI is around ?1k for a good one.

To buy the engine it may be best to look at scrap yards, as they can also change them over for you too sometimes.
It will cost more to get an upgrade and be happy with your current car then it will to buy a new one!

Anonymous
02-03-01, 06:30 PM
SRi 1K LMAO!!!! the lowest ive seen em for is 2K !!!!!

Acid get a haynes manual and also look on the net and learn stuff about engines and the rest of the cars systems. that way you can do stuff yourslef and its cheaper :D and you get the satifaction of doing it your self so you wont destroy it as youve worked on it :)

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
02-03-01, 07:02 PM
What's the bodywork like on your car? if it's good condition then it probably is worth keeping your car and doing it up, changing the engine etc. but if it's only average I reckon you would be better off selling it and buying another with a bigger engine to start with, may work out cheaper in the long run and I reckon insurance companies would be happier if it was a genuine 1.4 or 1.4 rather than a conversion.

Anonymous
02-03-01, 07:48 PM
u must be looking in the wrong places mate if the cheapest uve seen is 2k.

Anonymous
03-03-01, 12:31 AM
You can get GSi's for less than a grand, never mind SRi's. They are probably knackered though

Anonymous
03-03-01, 03:32 AM
cant say ive been looking to buy another nova really but ive noticed that and SRi holds a good high value thats all!!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D