PDA

View Full Version : 4 branch to middle pipe

novamadman
22-08-06, 06:29 PM
having a lot of problems blowing out here

both are brand new and ive got a new wire ring thingymabobber tried small amounts of exaust putty and large amont but still blowing out

anyone?

shane

Rich
22-08-06, 07:13 PM
Are you doing up bolts evenly until they are tight? move from bolt to bolt dont tighten 1 all the way then the other.

novamadman
22-08-06, 09:34 PM
Are you doing up bolts evenly until they are tight? move from bolt to bolt dont tighten 1 all the way then the other.

yeah have done that each time ive had it off new bolts and springs

shane

addgsi
22-08-06, 09:36 PM
what make of exhaust are they i had a ashley once that did the same

novamadman
22-08-06, 09:37 PM
what make of exhaust are they i had a ashley once that did the same

mild steel ahsley 4 branch to a stainless janspeed

shane

addgsi
22-08-06, 09:40 PM
could well be the end flange on you r manifold ashley do seem to mess there exhaust up i had a 4 branch off them and 1 off the holes was drilled in the wrong place

Adam
23-08-06, 12:06 AM
Are they both for the same nova.
I.e. Sr?

novamadman
23-08-06, 01:53 AM
Are they both for the same nova.
I.e. Sr?

4 branch was for a 14sr rest of system was for a 13sr but i dont think it makes any difference as they line up perfectly and tighten up perfectply and any gaps that are there are taken up witht he wire ring thats why cant understand it

shane

chap
23-08-06, 11:25 AM
4 branch was for a 14sr rest of system was for a 13sr but i dont think it makes any difference as they line up perfectly and tighten up perfectply and any gaps that are there are taken up witht he wire ring thats why cant understand it

shane
I've bought a 13sr downpipe in error before, and found that where it connects to the centre exhaust section (14sr), the shape of the flanges are different.

The 14sr system uses a cup shape, where as the 13sr is more of a strait tube shape. there's no way they will mate with-out leaking. :roll:
Dunno if it's the same for the aftermarket systems though. Think it would be the same problem if they are designed to join the std parts.

decwasere
23-08-06, 11:36 AM
If it's really bad Shane, cut the joint's off and use a flexi-joint.

One of these:
http://www.predatormotorsports.co.uk/Picts/Stock_PAM10042ILOK00000007.jpg