links would be helpfull on the parts needed lol

novamadman
22-08-06, 01:49 PM
im looking to buy that rear disk set up on the site,
but this is just the beam and disk

what else do i need to fit and work
links would be helpfull on the parts needed lol

i thought they had calipers on?

only thing different you need is modified handbrake cables maybe some of the lads who have that done can explain it a im not sure.

it wont be enough to stop your plane anyways lol

shane

General Baxter
22-08-06, 02:02 PM
theres something about the brake bois or something

bah reverese thruster lol

novamadman
22-08-06, 02:55 PM
theres something about the brake bois or something

bah reverese thruster lol

brake bias valve. if its cav sri / mk2 astra gte setup its suposed to be too much for a nova and they lock up at the back - so its said if you fit a brake bias valve and adjust more to front it will cure it - once again cant say as i havent done it

i have fitted mk3 golf gti to rear of nova - excellent, with only 16v on the front

shane

lj
22-08-06, 03:01 PM
been told of loads of cars having the rear step out. so defo fit a valve !

General Baxter
22-08-06, 03:08 PM
http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=562_580_608&products_id=4107

just how the fudge do that worth then?

p.s i dont even know what im looking for lol

Lee H
22-08-06, 03:33 PM
I just changed the rear brake compensators on the master cylinder from 3/35 to 3/27 I think it was to reduce the braking effect on the rear disks.

General Baxter
22-08-06, 03:42 PM
I just changed the rear brake compensators on the master cylinder from 3/35 to 3/27 I think it was to reduce the braking effect on the rear disks.

thats the type of thing im after, fit and forget, where you get them from?

Lee H
22-08-06, 03:46 PM
Think they came on some Nova saloons and Nova vans but maybe other low spec models too. I got mine from a Vauxhall breakers off the net ages ago. They have the number stamped on the side of them. Maybe check the ones on your car now as they seemed to be fitted pretty randomly. Just know GTE/GSi came with the 3/35 ones.

draper
22-08-06, 08:39 PM
http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=562_580_608&products_id=4107

just how the fudge do that worth then?

p.s i dont even know what im looking for lol

surely thats not everything needed ? i know of a nova round here thats got rear disc setup and his locks up easily apparently, what does this nova van/saloon adjuster thing look like and where does it go ? think im going to scrappers at weekend

kind of off topic but how does hydraulic handbrakes work ? if you have 1 do you lose rear braking through the middle pedal at all ??

burgo
22-08-06, 08:41 PM
baxter buy a lmf rear disk conversion kti and complete cavvy rear beam and job done. thats what i did anyway and you need a good welder to weld the plates on aswell

General Baxter
22-08-06, 08:47 PM
baxter buy a lmf rear disk conversion kti and complete cavvy rear beam and job done. thats what i did anyway and you need a good welder to weld the plates on aswell

im lazy and want it on this weekend, as im under the rear anyway and LMF will take ages lol

General Baxter
22-08-06, 08:49 PM
i think this is the thing i need to adjust them

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=RIX837

i take it ill need two of them tho?

mowgli
22-08-06, 08:59 PM
I find it odd that people fit rear discs & then spend money making them work just like the drums that they just removed...................
there are loads of cars that have rear discs on 100mm pcd that work ok, like quite a few fiats and vws. has anyone built a hybrid setup that works ok?

General Baxter
22-08-06, 09:04 PM
i think drums look ghay, thats my point lol

draper
22-08-06, 09:44 PM
my shell came with disks, and yes drums are gay !!

craig green
23-08-06, 10:56 AM
You want the compensators that are bolted to the r/pipe entries on the master cylinder. They look like a big nut. Get them from a r/disc equipped Vauxhall at a scrappy. Cav SRi or Astra GTE 16v (non ABS). Nova van/saloon might be true.

If not run a single line to the rear, 'T' it off to each r/caliper & mount an inline bias valve before the T peice in the single line. Adjust away.

burgo
23-08-06, 11:11 AM
i fitted disks cos i need a 5 stud set up, plus they look better and i have v6 brakes on the front so doubt ill need a compensator

MARTIN KELSON
23-08-06, 11:30 AM
I managed to lock up the back at 120mph at Donnington park recently with rear discs. Not good!!

Have just got and fitted a lower number compensator valve (3/30) so hope this makes a difference! I already have a bias valve fitted, but the rear is stripped out so it is a bit light for the rear discs.

I run 4 pots on the front. Just be careful thats all.

They do look soooo much better than gay drums so its worth the extra hastle.

craig green
23-08-06, 01:00 PM
120mph...phew. Brown trousers?

mowgli
23-08-06, 08:45 PM
the thing about drums is that they only look 'ghay' when you are stationary......

the gm ones must be heavier with the integral h/brake drums as well as the calipers......

maybe people should think about this idea then:- if the rear brakes are too effective, why not shave material off the pads to reduce the contact area thus reducing the friction. I await comments

stafford
23-08-06, 09:38 PM
i have a rear disc and i made up a hand brake setup out of corsa and astra bake cables cant say which, my mate had some modified cables and i took it into the shop and said do us cables which will work

stafford
23-08-06, 09:41 PM
with the same pressure going on a shaved down pad will make the material over heat and crack