PDA

View Full Version : 1.4SR speed

Anonymous
28-02-01, 10:30 PM
If every thing people on hear is true then my car could have a problem at an indicated 105mph my car is hitting the rev limiter ? any thoughts iv got a K&N and performance exhaust! but then again this is in line with factory figers!

ho well im going to get a bigger engin soon so i can give my mates SAXO a good thrashing!! hehe

Anonymous
28-02-01, 11:28 PM
Is this in 5th if so put your foot down in 4th and you'll get another 10-15 mph (indicated).

B-) "I don't know karate, but i know kerrraaazy" B-)

Anonymous
01-03-01, 12:34 AM
It depends as well on your wheels rolling diameter.

Larger wheels obviously have a larger rolling diameter and therefore a larger rolling circumference, and it'd the opposite with smaller wheels...doh, of course! So, with larger wheels, you may be able to get a higher top speed for the same engine revs, but it depends if the engine has enough torque to do this. If your wheels are smaller, you'll not get as high a top speed for the same revs.

Anyway, it could be just that your speedo is reading wrong.

Anonymous
01-03-01, 11:05 AM
speedo's are commonly inacurate (dials that is, digi's are more accurate), bit they normally say that your car is going faster than it actually is.

Let me give you and idea of real performance figures.
Ive got a Mk2 91 1.4sr, with only a performance rear box on it. Everything else (engine wise) is standard and Ive only hit 103mph on my digidash.
I thinbk this is about right for a 1.4sr thats pretty much standard.

I H8 fat wankers in Lorries !!!!!
:O:O:O

Anonymous
01-03-01, 12:37 PM
Dont be dissing saxos now! x-( lol.

Anonymous
01-03-01, 09:07 PM
103 from a 1.4sr? 1.3sr's are supposed to get to 102/103mph according to vauxhall figures so it could be reading slightly lower? just a thought

Anonymous
02-03-01, 10:59 AM
yeah but performance figures according to a brand new car performing at its peak, we all know novas aren't brand new, mines done 73k so its obvously not going to perform as well now as it did 10 years ago when it was made. Also weather contributes to a car s performance and weight in the car, i.e people, big phat subs, sub boxes big wheels, lower suspension etc, etc.
Each car is very different , the best way to tell is to get your car on a rolling road, then you will get the real figures, not some fabricated crap that a speedo needle will give you or a load of peolpe saying how brilliant their car is and how they got 120mph out of a 1.3sr or some bollocks.

cheers

I H8 fat wankers in Lorries !!!!!
:O:O:O

Anonymous
02-03-01, 11:59 PM
The normal one had a top speed of about 140, but the press demonstrator managed over 150.

Clever way of making a car look better!

My car is 14 years old, but the engine has been rebuilt, and just about everything replaced, so high mileage or not, it's more like it was when it was new, and I've had the speedo reading near 120

Anonymous
16-03-01, 08:09 PM
I don't know much about car's but i do know that i got my 1.4sr up to 122mph. The only engine mod's I've done are a K&N filter and magnex back box.