PDA

View Full Version : Perspex windows with sliders

hybridturbo
21-08-06, 10:47 PM
I know its mostly the track novas and full on garaged show cars that have these but what are they like security wise?

Can any passer by just slide the plastic along from the outside? or are they difficult to open?

Any help would be great

Joe

RJM25R
21-08-06, 10:53 PM
They can be broken by hand, or even removed if someone knows what they're doing..... But then again, you can do that with any nova!

hybridturbo
21-08-06, 11:04 PM
My alarm would sound as soon as someone put there hand through but that doesnt make me feel any happyer

RJM25R
21-08-06, 11:10 PM
Yeah but if some dick poured petrol in and fired it up, your alarm ain't gonna help!

And I'm sure your insurers would be interested to know. If you read the terms and conditions of your policy, you are required to lock the car at all times, wind up the windows and ensure the security of the vehicle...

I won't fit them because they're not water tight and they're noisy and rattle!

hybridturbo
21-08-06, 11:17 PM
Think il will forget the idea altogether lol

Rexy
21-08-06, 11:22 PM
lol, for everyday use... i wouldnt. But track use i deffo would.

stv-b16a
21-08-06, 11:36 PM
wots the point for a couple of pounds. just dont eat on track days lol.

they do look the buisness tho

Stuart
22-08-06, 11:55 AM
its not for looks :roll: :wall:

polycarb weighs about half that of glass, coupled with the fact it wont shatter, and is hittable without it breaking... eg lob a brick at a polycarb window in a nova and youll scratch the surface but it wont break the pane ;)

ok the sliders are a security flaw but meh, if you move your lock pins and door opener then they wont be able to do much with their arm in anyway...

RJM25R
22-08-06, 01:33 PM
BUT could easily put dog $hit or petrol or whatever through the open hole!

Dar
22-08-06, 01:39 PM
The major security falw is that the sliders are bolted on from the outsidelol

stuartp
22-08-06, 05:44 PM
P**s sliders just drill a few holes when it gets a bit hot then a bit of clear silcone to block the holes when it gets a bit colder!! J.D? Obviously im joking!!