PDA

View Full Version : fiberglass everything

richi
21-08-06, 07:03 PM
write i have been reading the fiberglass thread at the top of the screen and from the sounds of it its not that hard.......... i have some free time on my hands and was thinking of fiberglassing stuff in my nova like speaker pods, screen install something like that. am i over my head or is it doable? has any1 else done fiberglass using the guide and i so what where the esults? any pics or tips would help loads to cheers

Ash
21-08-06, 07:52 PM
as long as you take your time, its easy. Making everything even, level, etc is a nightmare, plus there a whole load of sanding, make sure you buy a nice mask for sanding - fibreglass dust is very bad for you.

Hopefully you will come out with some good results.

Ash

philly
21-08-06, 09:28 PM
take your time is all i can advise, the smoother you layer it the easier it is to sand.

use different grades of paper to rub down, get some 2pack stopper.

also try using for top layers the thin filtery type of matting, looks smoother and easier to rub down. its kinda a lace matt

Lucky Luke!
21-08-06, 09:28 PM
i'd advise doing some practice runs on things that can be reversed, cos if you balls it up it can look very bad! I had loads of practice before i started doing stuff for customers, cos they will mind if its all scew wiff!