PDA

View Full Version : re-build help 1600 8v

benthehash
21-08-06, 06:44 PM
i'm slowly rebuilding my engine but am unsure about a few things

i bought top and bottom gasket sets but can't see where they all go?
is there an exploded diagram of the engine e16se anywhere???
or any body name know the engine like the back of there hand???

plus the inlet manifold gasket doesent match with t40 manifold any body els had this problem think i'm just gana mark it and cut the gasket to fit.

help me cheers

p.s i'm not a mechanic but hope i'm not useless
thanks ben:confused:

stafford
21-08-06, 06:54 PM
pretty easy there is no gasket for between the cam reil and the head use instant gasket.
when i rebuilt my engine i didnt use all the seals and gaskets tho.
if u could get pics ill be able to tell u wat most of them r.
:thumb:

benthehash
21-08-06, 09:19 PM
can do all the obviouse but got tapered copper washers not for sump. and square gasket same type as inlet manifold gasket.

Dillett
21-08-06, 09:53 PM
you'll have stem seals, cam seals and head,rocker and manifold gaskets, fuel pump gasket, maybe an oil pump gasket. thats about all i can think of. its reet easy to do, when you take it to bits just match the new gaskets with old.....

benthehash
23-08-06, 08:38 PM
bottom end problem gsi

where does the sump gasket fit between sump and plate or between plate and block or do i fit two as i got two in the set.

stafford
23-08-06, 09:32 PM
1 bettween the block and plate and 1 between the plate and sump so use both

benthehash
24-08-06, 12:11 AM
i've an old gte engine which i looked at and only has one gasket i don't think the engine has this plate tho???
what does it do??? my guess is it stops the oil slopping about the engine so much.

also if i'm fitting t40 s with 1.4 sr ignition so do i need to fit the crank sensor???

cheers staff

Adam
24-08-06, 12:27 AM
You wont need a crank sensor.

The sump has one gasket between the block and the sump face.

benthehash
24-08-06, 12:38 AM
confused now do i have two on the gsi but only one on the gte as it doesn't have this plate thing or does it??? wot's it for???

think i can remember only taking one off the gsi sump when i striped it (long time ago)

Adam
24-08-06, 12:40 AM
My 8v sump has one gasket.

benthehash
24-08-06, 12:43 AM
gte, gsi or a creation??

Robo
03-09-06, 01:44 AM
Ben you here your haynes manual that should help you out have you had a look at the nova rally manual I can't remember but there is something there too

benthehash
04-09-06, 11:23 AM
used the two gaskets one either side of the sump plate