PDA

View Full Version : Megga Flat spots !!

Anonymous
27-02-01, 06:47 PM
I heard the idear of drilling holes in my air box so i thought i would, i drilled about 15 then took her out for a blast and it made a hell of a differance. So i thought umm i'll just drill some more and got caried away and now theres megga flat spots but it sounds like i've got a 2.0L under the bonnet. Do you get flat spots from a k&n and are the K&N elements any good i've heard you can get 3bhp out of an element filter and a litte induction noise two but which is the best buy ? Cone filter for?75 or element for ?35 ?? B-)

Anonymous
27-02-01, 07:16 PM
your only supposed to drill in certain areas. doh!!
what engine u got cause if its carb youll have to go with element and an injection system will need cone, apart from 12i? am i right guys

Anonymous
27-02-01, 09:03 PM
I've got a 1.2i sx . i drilled the holes in the right place just around the side so the air did not go straight into the carb

Anonymous
27-02-01, 10:38 PM
If you are gettin too much air, you`ll get flat spots cause dby a lean mixture, so you need to increase the fuel delivery to match.

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
28-02-01, 01:57 AM
u could turn the idle speed up which puts more fuel in but thats not the idea solution. buy a Corsa air box and a K&N 57i induction Kit !!

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
28-02-01, 03:59 AM
Can you fit a 57i on a 1.2i???

The 1.2i uses a normal-looking air-box, with no induction pipe thingy, like on a SRi/GTE/GSi.

Anonymous
28-02-01, 09:24 AM
you can use a 57i if you fit a corsa 1.2i air box

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am Sat - 11pm Sun ---

Anonymous
28-02-01, 09:29 AM
You need to get the mixture adjusted as it sounds like it is running lean now, you should get a power increase by the sounds of it :D:D:D:D hmm power :D .

Plese don't let busses pull out.