PDA

View Full Version : WET WEATHER!!!!

Anonymous
27-02-01, 06:46 PM
Rite my car has yet again died on me!! VVVV annoying at rush hour!!! anyway it does this because the leads r getting wet, ive tried spraying all bits + coil with WD40 but to no avail. What else can i do to stop my car doing this??? Oh i also tried damp start!
Please help, thanx sam :)

Anonymous
28-02-01, 03:38 AM
Sorry Sam...I can't help. All I did was spray damp start on the whole ignition system, and it seams to have worked for me.
Since you say you've done that, I don't know what to suggest.

We keep hearing these storeys about problems in bad weather, including from me, when I had a similar problem, BUT, I asked my Dad if he EVER had any problems like these with his Novas.

He's a Driving Instructor and has had 4 Novas over the years, and done quite a few miles in 'em, as you can guess.
BUT, he's NEVER experienced these problems.

Remember, he was on the road 6 days a week, for about 7 or 8 hours a day, and often more.
In one Nova, he'd clocked up 98K by the time it was 2 years old!
He NEVER had problems in either the wet or the cold - 100% reliable.
Well, I say that - his K reg 1.2i was shit - bloody fuel injection crap.
That was the only one he EVER had ANY problems with, and they were all to do with the injection.

So.....why are people NOW having these problems?
Is it 'cos the cars are old?
Well, I still had the damp weather problem, even after fitting new distributor, coil, leads, and plugs, but damp start sorted it - I think.
It's hard to tell, 'cos I've not driven much in the rain since last time I had problems.

Anonymous
28-02-01, 09:25 AM
Fit new leads now, they may look OK but the insulation has broken down, also fit a new dizzy cap while your on, this may have a crack that is letting moisture in. And finally fit a rubber marigold glove over the dizzy cap with the leads coming out of the fingers, this is what some of the rally boys do, (not a pink one) :) . And also if you have them silly heat shield bits between the lead and the plug throw them away, you don't need them they only cause problems.

Plese don't let busses pull out.

Anonymous
28-02-01, 11:07 PM
Well that's all good advice, BUT WHY did these problems NEVER occure when the Nova's where new???????

Anonymous
03-03-01, 11:16 AM
I renewed my leads to bosch ones also my dizzy cap and rotararm. all to no avail, nevrmind ill try the marigold!!! thanx, Sam