PDA

View Full Version : true or not

Ste L
20-08-06, 05:34 PM
not sure if this is true but have been told this....

when you get told to put your head between your legs, this is so you die quicker when it crashes... (crush your kneck on the seat in front) :wtf:

what are your thoughts, i think it a load of **** personally

Iain
20-08-06, 05:38 PM
Does this help at all? (http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/brace.asp) Appears to be not true.

probert_nova
20-08-06, 06:08 PM
think i remember them testing this on mythbusters,they claimed the myth was you get told to put your head between your legs so you die quicker due to the amount of compensation etc is less to a family who have lost a family member in a crash than the hopital bills etc of a person who survives.

was found to be false,however they did find the best way to survive is having the seats facing backwards (your back towards the front front of plane) like the stewards do :wtf:. sumut to do with the seat supporting your neck, only reason planes arn't like this is because they say the debris would fly in your face.

Alex.
20-08-06, 06:36 PM
I got told that when you put your head between your legs it's to protect your teeth. So that if anything does happen, your teeth don't go flying everywhere, and they can identify you by your dental records.
Sound weird doesn't it! But sensible!! lol

Jack
20-08-06, 07:03 PM
So what do you do if you're really fat and can't get your head inbetween your legs?

Philsutton
20-08-06, 07:07 PM
then the time has come to pay for all those burgers they've had

Dar
20-08-06, 07:19 PM
I thought you where told to put your head between your legs so that you could kiss your ass goodbye:thumb:

Lee
20-08-06, 08:49 PM
I thought you where told to put your head between your legs so that you could kiss your ass goodbye:thumb:

You bastid, i was gonna say that lol

Yeah, Mythbusters proved it false, but i believe the reason they sit us facig forwards is for comfort rather than flying debris.

IMO, if a plane hits the deck, your ****ed whichever way your sat!

Stuart
20-08-06, 08:57 PM
flying backwards is cool.

so sit facing the back, AT the back of a plane (how many do you know that reverse into hills at 400mph lol) jobs a goodun

Jack
20-08-06, 09:05 PM
Try and climb inside the black box!

Timmy
20-08-06, 11:06 PM
what is the black box ?? if its black makes it a job finding it ?

Philsutton
20-08-06, 11:25 PM
the black box isnt actually black its a bright orange if i remember right

Mike.
20-08-06, 11:34 PM
the black box isnt actually black its a bright orange if i remember right

it is orange, easier to find if the plane crashes

Donova
20-08-06, 11:34 PM
If I thought I was gonna die in a plane crash I'd put my head between one of the stewardess's legslol lol

Philsutton
20-08-06, 11:37 PM
^^ least that way you might die before it hits the ground

Dod
21-08-06, 12:03 AM
You are told to put your head between your legs so you can kiss your ass good bye.

draper
21-08-06, 12:22 AM
if i was gonna die on a plane and i only had 5 mins to live i butt-fcuk the nearest woman

then she'd have time for 1 last ciggy !!

Matt2107
21-08-06, 10:58 AM
if i was gonna die on a plane and i only had 5 mins to live i butt-fcuk the nearest woman

then she'd have time for 1 last ciggy !!

pmsl :D

Lee
21-08-06, 08:08 PM
They rekon that 25% of people actually survive the plane hitting the floor, its the resulting inferno that finishes em off!

Time to invent a non flammable jet fuel and make a fortune!

draper
21-08-06, 11:11 PM
didnt they try that once ? sure i saw it on a tv show where they tested it in a remote controlled full size plane, but they funked up and the guy crashed the planeto early and the fuel tanks simply exploded like normal

Philsutton
22-08-06, 10:48 AM
they were testing a new fuel or fuel tanks or something, trying to reduce the amount of flames or explosion on impact. Only thing is the guy landed the plane almost side ways into the poles and went up in a massive fire ball lol.

mowgli
23-08-06, 10:54 PM
I once heard that the reason people don't sit facing backwards in a plane is because it isn't natural....LIKE SITTING IN A LARGE TIN CAN DOING 500MPH THROUGH THE SKY IS IN ANY WAY NATURAL sorry for shouting.

By the way when the cabin crew come round saying 'tea or coffee?' does anyone else say 'do I get a prize if I guess it right this time?'

draper
23-08-06, 10:56 PM
By the way when the cabin crew come round saying 'tea or coffee?' does anyone else say 'do I get a prize if I guess it right this time?'

lol no, but im going to next time

Donova
27-08-06, 12:19 AM
then she'd have time for 1 last ciggy !![/quote] Don't you know "smoking kills"lol

Timmy
27-08-06, 09:47 AM
can't smoke on a plane ....... oh yeah your dead anyway LOL why is it oxgeyn in the gas maskes not air ? pure oxgey kills ??

Stuart
27-08-06, 10:15 AM
pure oxygen will invert your breathing reflex, and cause huge issues, then eventually kill you painfully

ade
29-08-06, 11:47 PM
lovely!

Heads between legs - so you can give yourself a last .5sec blowjob them kiss your ass goodbye before the rest of the plane flattens you.

i dont like flying...

i dont like the sea either - cant see the bottom so dont know whats beneath you...

Dod
30-08-06, 07:14 PM
Here here!!! **** it. I'm staying put from now on. The *******ing hassle getting from Donegal to Billing this year!!

Kinky Monza
01-09-06, 12:11 PM
Here here!!! **** it. I'm staying put from now on. The *******ing hassle getting from Donegal to Billing this year!!

Well you did do it backwards you plank lol

Dod
01-09-06, 10:41 PM
You what? didn't hear you complain (much!!!)

Kinky Monza
04-09-06, 12:47 PM
I never complain, it just took you far too long lol