PDA

View Full Version : 17's

Anonymous
27-02-01, 03:45 PM
Can u tell me what work it needed 2 get 17's on and also what size (offset/tyresize) they need 2 be!

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
27-02-01, 03:56 PM
For 17's you'll need to get tyres max width 205. Pirelli do a 195 width 17" tyre but they are quite expensive. The other thing to look at is different makes as the shape of the tyre can be different and can mean the difference between scraping and not. As far as offset goes most people use ET45.

You'll need to modify the arches (roll or grind) and not lower the car too much. Even if you follow all the guidelines above you could still have trouble due to the vaxhall tolerance on the rear axle.

B-) "I don't know karate, but i know kerrraaazy" B-)

Anonymous
27-02-01, 03:59 PM
thanx have u see the purple "Bepe" nova on the png site thats proper low on 17's i'd like 2 go that low but well see

Anonymous
27-02-01, 04:05 PM
I think when ian storey first got his 17s on (-40mm susp) he hit a bump and his front wheel went up and bent his arch so beware.

B-) "I don't know karate, but i know kerrraaazy" B-)

Anonymous
27-02-01, 04:19 PM
Silly Billy (sorry ian) ;)

Anonymous
27-02-01, 05:29 PM
mine is dropped 40mm, the wheels are 7.0 x 17 et45.
et45 is recommended to clear the shockers as et49 will catch. i have had to roll the back arches, and hit anywhere on the inner arch with a big hammer.
wheel width will play a big part in what mods you have to do too, i wouldnt go over 7.0 width
for the front the wing has had to haveall the lip removed and then reshaped slightly.(rounded) as it was major problems there when you turned a corner and hit a bump the wheel was catching the arch. there was still slight rubbing on the back but a set of bump stops cured that.
fenix has explained tyres. i use 205 40 17s but apparently the 195 45 17s give loads more clearance. but they are hard to get hold of.
toyo are supposed to do the best tyre as the design is more suited to giving clearance.
cheers ian.
ps you found the right forum then eventually?? :p

X-( I'm mean and i don't care :D
[burn_ford] <-- best thing for them!

Ian@novaload.net

Anonymous
27-02-01, 06:56 PM
If you lower it on 17`s, get your front cabber sorted out as I nearly shagged a pair of 205`s (now on the back!) I`ve also seen a corsa with 205/20`s on it, can`t remember what make of tyre though :(

Anonymous
27-02-01, 10:55 PM
well ive already managed to shag a pair of 2 month old falkens on 15's with a 60 drop!! but thats another story! thanx people ;)