PDA

View Full Version : Equal lenth shaft on a NOVA any done it?

Mark Beeson
19-08-06, 08:37 PM
Im considering doing a equal lenth driveshaft conversion on my LET nova. What parts are required (has any got ant for sale?) Also does the outer shaft have to be custom made or does the nearside short shaft one fit?

What CV's are used?

Are the available to buy new?

Any thoughts may help cheers

The cars got a corsa PAS rack fitted so not much room lefthttp://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/doh.gif

novamadman
19-08-06, 11:32 PM
mark sorry for going off topic - when you mentioned the power steering - is it electric - weve got it to do in the coming weeks - we have corsa b electric power steering and a new dash adjustment control from pro tec - is it a straight bolt in job or whats the story - front 2 bolts holes look as the nova are but then the "pump" like bit also has two bolt holes on the corsa coloum and it doesnt look like theres anything to bolt it too on the nova

any help you can give would be much appreciated m8, cheers

shane

mowgli
19-08-06, 11:39 PM
are we talking about a peugeot style using an inner shaft to a bearing then an rh outer shaft that is the same as the lh shaft?

Mark Beeson
19-08-06, 11:53 PM
are we talking about a peugeot style using an inner shaft to a bearing then an rh outer shaft that is the same as the lh shaft?

Thats the one.Im thinking to reduce touque steer

NO I run saxo wet pump corsa rack std nova column Sorry:confused:

Paul16v
20-08-06, 11:56 AM
Am sure guy on mig made equal lenth shaft,

yeewat i think his name was iirc.

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/vauxhall/mechanical-electrical/162338-equal-length-driveshafts.html

craig green
20-08-06, 04:27 PM
pretty sure its do-able Mark.

Worth doing a search on MIG. Its basically a bolt on shaft support with a bearing on the back of the block.

Stuart
20-08-06, 07:08 PM
it wont "really" eliminate torque steer either....
plate diff the whore ;)

Mark Beeson
20-08-06, 11:16 PM
it wont "really" eliminate torque steer either....
plate diff the whore ;)

I know im just bored!
And yes your right plate diff the whore- I like your thinking.

Interior for sale me thinks

Mark Beeson
20-08-06, 11:28 PM
Am sure guy on mig made equal lenth shaft,

yeewat i think his name was iirc.

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/vauxhall/mechanical-electrical/162338-equal-length-driveshafts.html

Cheers no defo answers there really. Interesting pics though

What the lads trying to say is can 2 small nova conversion shafts be used with the EL shaft.

Im guessing no. Correct splines but wrong length.

Im thinking bolt the EL to the block and measure the length required. Then get 1 custon shaft made.

Stuart
21-08-06, 07:55 AM
actually thinking about it from an engineering point of view, potentially your torque steer could be increased as the "el + shaft" will be longer than the plain ole long shaft.....

Mark Beeson
21-08-06, 10:14 AM
hmm no. Why would manufacturerers do it as a stanard???????

Stuart
21-08-06, 11:12 AM
what do honda do to have equal length drive shafts? (im asking honestly not taking the piss)

the straight out of the diff that the short shaft then pops into will be longer, thus be prone to increased wind up at launch/acceleration.... thats what the torque steer is in essence