PDA

View Full Version : 2 inches wider!

Anonymous
26-02-01, 07:34 PM
I need to push my rear wheels out 2 inches at the back, and considering they`re 17`s if i used wheel spacers I`d need to change the rear bearings weekly! I`ve had the idea of blocking the rear drums out using ally (custom made beam to drum spacers) and longer bolts, apart from modifying the brake lines can anyone see any other probs? (handbrake?) Also has anyon remounted a gte fuel pump and pressure valve under the bonnet, and was it a pain in the arse?

Anonymous
27-02-01, 08:21 AM
TAS make some spacers to do exactly what you are sugesting, you can also make the front 50mm wider with special track control arms and new turrets, this allows you to use standard astra shafts for a 2.0 conversion! The handbrake could be a problem, you might have to extend the cable somehow? :)

Plese don't let busses pull out.

Anonymous
27-02-01, 11:18 AM
pump won't work unless it is below the bottom of the tank :(

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am Sat - 11pm Sun ---

Anonymous
27-02-01, 11:27 AM
I was going to move my pump to the engine bay when I did the 2.0 conversion, I was told it wouldn't work as it was a pushing pump rather than a pulling type?

Anonymous
27-02-01, 06:45 PM
Cheers, it`s a shitter about the pump though `cause it gets plastered in road grit and salt all the time,can`t do it any good! Where can I get the tas spacers from? :-/

Anonymous
28-02-01, 09:13 AM
http://tas.uk.com/index.asp ask them to send you a catalogue. :)