PDA

View Full Version : Quick Shift-Kit ??

Anonymous
25-02-01, 02:38 PM
Has any got the Quick Shift-Kit in there nova and whats it like as iam thinking of ordering a Kit, and how hard are to fit ?? a grage job ?? Cheers.. :)

Anonymous
25-02-01, 05:42 PM
i dont have a quick shift kit
but have cut down my gear knob that makes
a big change try it

Anonymous
25-02-01, 05:50 PM
dont be a fool!!!! cutting your gear knob that would mek fuck all difference, or if anything make it harder unless your an orangutang!!!!

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
25-02-01, 06:26 PM
i think ull find it would make a difference as u have less of a distance to move the knob,which will save u that tiny amount of time.

Anonymous
25-02-01, 07:20 PM
guys,if you practise those gear changes abit u'll probablyu benefit.Save ur self a good bit of money and/or having an extended left arm.

Anonymous
25-02-01, 08:18 PM
but shortening the gear stick will make it harder to reach!! you will need loneger arms!!! just buy the quick shift kits its only bout ?70 or so.

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
26-02-01, 09:37 AM
sit forward a bit, and your short arms will do fine!

dan69_gsi@hotmail.com :p

Anonymous
26-02-01, 12:07 PM
Cutting the gear stick will reduce the arm movement required, and therefore make the shift a little quicker.
:-/ WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED 2 THAT GUY :-/
:D i think he took some sort ov pill :D

Anonymous
26-02-01, 07:11 PM
The qick shift kits make changes stiffer and ther`s more chance of missing gears, they`re a bit shit (so i`ve heard!)

Anonymous
27-02-01, 09:09 AM
shortening the stick may make it shorter but the leverage will be less so it will be harder ne way. what if your tall so you cant move the seat forward!! hmmm

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
27-02-01, 09:49 AM
if your tall don't do it, or get a bigger car 1st!

dan69_gsi@hotmail.com :p

Anonymous
27-02-01, 11:59 AM
So taller people dont have arms proportional too ther body?! dah.

If theres anybody that cant reach there gear knob after its been shortened an inch or so, without leanin forward, U just a big damn freak!

I`m gonna do it this weekend. Good idea Hodder!

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
27-02-01, 01:17 PM
I've seen it in Hodders Car, it looks cool aswell. I'm over 6' and shortening the gear stick 1" won't, sorry doesn't make it any harder in reaching it. Also, I find the seating position of the Nova seems to suit my tallness. so there! :p
Jim ;)

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
27-02-01, 01:21 PM
Go there slim!

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
27-02-01, 04:05 PM
cuttin the stick puts it in a nicer possition (4 me anyway b4 u all go off on 1 :)) also i have heard the quick shift kits are a bit dodgy but i recon after a few weeks u'd be used 2 any niggles and u'd get a quicker shift

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!