PDA

View Full Version : Computer dyslexia

jedi
17-08-06, 07:08 PM
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I've been trying to put a photo from my digital camera on to a message, but I can't work out how to. When you click on to the insert image icon it says enter the URL of the image- where do you get this URL address from?

Thanks, Chris

Jack
17-08-06, 07:39 PM
First, you need to get the pciture off your camera and onto your PC. I'm assuming your camera either has a cable to connect to the PC, or you have a card reader that you can put the memory card from the camera into?

Once you've copied the pic onto your PC, go to somewhere like www.photobucket.com and sign up for an account. You can upload pics from your PC and host them on there for free, instructions are on the site.

Once your pic is uploaded, it will have three text boxes below the thumbnail. Click in the box that has the [IMG] tags on it; copy and paste the text in your message.

Thats a bit brief, so if you need any more help then shout. And don't forget your have the preview button on your post (as well as the Testing forum furth down the main pag) to see how it looks before posting :D

jedi
17-08-06, 07:54 PM
Cheers mate! I had no idea there was a special website to get the URL.

Nice one, thanks again.