PDA

View Full Version : fuel pipe

chimp007_uk
16-08-06, 10:54 PM
i'm getting round to replacing all the fuel pipes on my gte... some need sooner attention than others. there's a thin pipe which looks to be a breather and joins the filler pipe and then darts off into a hole in the arch... this seems to have a small amount of fuel coming from it when i fill the car right up (which is rare). is it a case of dropping the tank?

cheers guys

Adam
16-08-06, 11:54 PM
I'd guess if you fill the tank completely full, fuel will start to fill the filler pipe/breather pipe as its over the level of the tank.
Just dont fill it that full.

chimp007_uk
17-08-06, 07:06 AM
it comes through the pipe and the car wasn't filled as full as it will go, just off full on the guage... it's a material covered fuel pipe and the pipe is perished and split under the material.

pul16v
17-08-06, 10:21 PM
it can be done with the tank still under the car did it on mine just had to lower it on to the exhaust ( tank was mostly empty ) then i was able to slip the pipe on by pushing it thru the hole in the arch lubeing it and pushing it on the tank at the same time ' then i just bolted the tank up in its place and trimmed the pipie to suite and jublie cliped it on job done u might need 2 people to push the pipe on and the other to hold the tank in the right place its acfidly job but it can be done

phil

Timmy
17-08-06, 10:41 PM
chimp if you need a hand give us a shout?

chimp007_uk
19-08-06, 01:59 PM
thanks timmy, likewise if your in trouble... i have the pipe so any weekend. if you good with fitting heads i'm going to be fitting my blydenstein head in the next few weeks ;)