PDA

View Full Version : car alarm 'brain'

mdibb
16-08-06, 07:31 PM
please can somebody tell me where i can find or where i can look for the car alarm brain,ive looked behind the glovebox but there was just a sensor there and not the brain.
its a corsa by the way and a clifford alarm.
thanks a lot

draper
16-08-06, 07:54 PM
try tracing the wires from the L.E.D in the dash, could also be behind the fusebox ??

mdibb
16-08-06, 09:36 PM
ok cheers ill have a look there,theres a load of wires behind the glove box with 2 plugs on the end,that wouldnt be where my brain should be by any chance should it ?
cheers

draper
16-08-06, 09:39 PM
is 1 white, 1 black ?? how many wires in eack plug ?? does your alarm actually work ? could well be where it SHOULD be but i assumed you were actually looking for a brain lol so to speak !

mdibb
16-08-06, 09:49 PM
they are both white mate,theres probably about ten wires or maybe more coming out of each plug,and the alarm doesnt work no,but all the sensors are flashing away,cheers

draper
16-08-06, 10:00 PM
dont think sensors would flash without everythink else.... try tracing the wires back, i think some cliffords had 2 boxes (brains) so this could be the problem

mdibb
16-08-06, 10:03 PM
ok mate ill have a look,thanks a lot

philly
16-08-06, 10:50 PM
behind your centre console on he floor.

behind glove box

behind fuse box if on drivers side

hidden in the bay near wiper motor

most more than likely will be behind the centre consol just to the side of footwells.

Spudly
16-08-06, 11:08 PM
If its clifford they usually get fitted under the drivers seat or they do from my experience with my mates cars and cliffords, hope this helps!!!