PDA

View Full Version : Heated GTE seats??

Matt2107
15-08-06, 10:35 AM
I popped over to a scrap yard at the weekend and took some bits off BigStan's old GTE.

I grabbed a switch panel from his dash and noticed that the little pic on the switch was for a heated seat? Now I didnt have time to check whether they were really heated seats.

Also noticed in Bruce's TV feature that he has the same switch.

I didnt realise that GTE's came with heated seats... am I just mis-interpretting the picture wrong.

Ste L
15-08-06, 10:40 AM
GTE's didn't nor is any nova, they are usually a retro fit, and alot of people use pads from volvo's

some forein corsa 'a's did, so you can buy the switch for the nova, i've got some for mine, to go in, out of a calibra

Matt2107
15-08-06, 11:10 AM
Might be worth me buying BigStan's old seats then ;)

Ste L
15-08-06, 11:20 AM
yep

wiring diagram if you need it ;)

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/5034/seats.jpg

raymond
15-08-06, 02:57 PM
my nova gte had this switch on it but it also had a sticker on the car saying madein spain dont know if it was from vauxhall or it was put on afterwards but this may have something to do with it were the car was built

rednova
15-08-06, 08:23 PM
they were fitted in cold climate countries like norway n them other cold ones iirc

loggyboy
16-08-06, 10:31 AM
yeah it was an option, they are shown in the Haynes diagrams IIRC - the mk2s have the position blanked off in the centre consol. never seem the standard switches or position for a mk1 tho. i have seen mk1 elec mirrors tho, that were also an option on the continent.

Mazz
16-08-06, 11:22 AM
The same as rear hinged window's (like saxo's etc) were an optional extra in foreign countries too...

Most mk1 Nova will have the neated switch light thing hidden behind the blanks. If you flick one out, you'll see it, he's probarly just put a blank switch in
http://www.ccso.co.uk/djc725/car_photos/vauxhall_nova_interior_6.jpg

Spudly
16-08-06, 10:04 PM
Hinged rear windows now theres a thing i been wanting for ages can they be found anywhere????

rednova
16-08-06, 10:20 PM
rarer than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow covered in rocking horse sh.it and next to a big bag of hens teeth!!!

loggyboy
17-08-06, 10:57 AM
best get out to a spanish scrapyard.