PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 Nova problem

T-Pot
15-08-06, 09:17 AM
Hello, found this site while trying to find help for a friends 1.2 nova.

A mate of mine has the above nova, now this has a high rev problem, and i'm hoping some help from you experts will give him a happy end.

When you start the car, the revs scream around the 2500 mark, and as much as ive tried, i cant find why.

I'm guessing from my limited knowledge, the auto choke is sticking on, is there an easy fix for this though?

For such a small engine, they really didnt want a guy with big hands working on the carb did they lol

Many many thanks for any help you can give guys

Stuart
15-08-06, 10:17 AM
there shouldnt be an autochoke on the 1.2

sure its a carb and not the injection version?

T-Pot
15-08-06, 10:21 AM
its defo a carb, i can see it.

its possible that its not a 1.2 though, as i just asumed it was. sorry for my ignorance, but nova's are not my strong point

its around H reg i believe and i think a LUX model???? possibly totally wrong again though.

T-Pot
15-08-06, 02:11 PM
No one ever had this problem then?

Stuart
15-08-06, 02:39 PM
check the engine number and come back with the correct engine first ;)

engine number is located ontop of the block at the dizzy end of the engine on the ehxuast side. might need some engine cleaner on there to see it.

T-Pot
15-08-06, 02:44 PM
cheers stuart, will get that later when it comes back.

have to say, the engine is the cleanest ive seen, and i have show cars, its amazing. rest of the car is not as good thugh lol

stafford
15-08-06, 05:31 PM
look at the cylinder head. the right hand spark plug just above it there shall be a number tells u wat size engine it is unless u have a miss match
12 = 1.2
13 = 1.3 etc

Welsh Dan
15-08-06, 05:48 PM
12ST is the 1.2 carbed engine.

stafford
15-08-06, 05:59 PM
do a compression test head could be warped had happen before or could be drowin in air from somewere check the rev cable aint sticking

T-Pot
15-08-06, 06:29 PM
do a compression test head could be warped had happen before or could be drowin in air from somewere check the rev cable aint sticking

cheers for your reply mate.

im waiting for the car to turn up later to take a look.

its defo a carb model, that much i know.

im fairly sure its choke related, but will comp test it.

as for the choke, where can i adjust this mate?
is it comman for them to stick

stafford
15-08-06, 06:52 PM
never messed with a 1.2 carb dont know mate soz