PDA

View Full Version : f**king brakes!!!

Anonymous
21-02-01, 04:18 PM
right i stripped my delco caliper down so that i got the sliders and piston free. i want a caliper repair kit or a new caliper. how much is either and where would be a good place to get working calipers? OR can ne 1 clear up the ATE issue. the GTE/GSi have ATE 2 pot calipers right?? will they and the discs fit under my std 13" wheels. B4 you say get big wheels i is a student and cant afford wheels!! if the gte stuff dont fit WHAT will that will be a slight improvement on what i have.

cheers

cambridge

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
22-02-01, 06:44 PM
right calliper reapir kits are cheaper but once there siezed they seam to keep seizing up no matter how hard u try to sort em (from my expeiriance)

not sure if gsi brakes will fit under 13" steels though

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
23-02-01, 12:40 AM
yeah they do, coz sri's have gsi brakes and my mate put some 13" steels off another nova on in the snow !!

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
23-02-01, 09:29 AM
sri braks are a feww mm smaller (width wise) but shouldnt make any diff. ive seen a conversion kit with group N discs on the tuning web site. but its ?199 hmm nice

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
23-02-01, 10:57 AM
sri brakes are the same as gsi

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am Sat - 11pm Sun ---

Anonymous
23-02-01, 11:29 AM
i saw on the need for speed site the EBC calipers are slimmer (slightl) fot the SRI

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
26-02-01, 06:58 PM
Gte/Gsi`s only have 1 pot calipers!

Anonymous
26-02-01, 08:39 PM
i have recently got a gte servo on my sr and it improves the brakes quite alot. its an easy job to ( just servo not master cylinder) and i picked it up for about 50 quid. well worth a buy - i now have brakes!!

Anonymous
27-02-01, 09:13 AM
i know keith, and your point is??

I AM CORNHOILIO