PDA

View Full Version : please help with alarm

mdibb
14-08-06, 05:48 PM
hi all,just bought a car with a clifford alarm,but dont think its wired up properly.
the light on the dash does not flash or come on at all,and from the box in the engine bay,there are three wires coming out of it,red yellow and black i think.can anyone tell me where these should connect upto and what i could check to find out why it isnt working ?
thanks very much for any help

Ash
14-08-06, 07:43 PM
thats just the siren, the brain is normally mounted in behind the glovebox, best thing you can do is that it to a clifford dealer tho.

A

mdibb
14-08-06, 09:35 PM
ok thanks a lot,took the glove box out and found a little black box which had clifford sensor written on it,and flashed whenever i touched it,so i take it that is working,but there is still no light coming up on the dash and the fob still isnt working ,any ideas apart from taking it to a dealer ?
cheers

General Baxter
14-08-06, 09:38 PM
to be honest, you need to take it to a dealer, as once you have messed with it, you loose your insurance discount

Nova_Houch7
15-08-06, 02:07 AM
has the immobiliser been set or anything do you know...........i had a clifford, but i ripped it all out, hate them, stick to TOAD............
make sure the light indicator is connected to the module, and all wires are connected to sumthing in some way?

L

mdibb
15-08-06, 09:36 PM
to be honest i dont have a clue mate,what should the common problems be to check ?
the alarm sensor under the dash flashes after i changed the fuse but the fob doesnt work and the alarm LED mounted on the dash doesnt turn or flash red.
thanks a lot for any help

Adam
16-08-06, 12:03 AM
Find the control box and see what model clifford it is.

The led's on mine flash after 30seconds of turning the ignition off, and when armed etc.

mdibb
16-08-06, 07:27 AM
could you tell me what you mean by control box please ? :-)
(i dont have a clue really)
what does it look like and where will it probably be ?
also does the siren have to be connected for the whole alarm to work ?
cheers

Spudly
16-08-06, 11:15 PM
Err random question but if you jus bought this car did it work when you bought it, if so has the car driven to where it is now, if so push it down the street as my mate had this prob on his and it was power lines or something interferring with the signal from the keyfob, simply pushing his car down the street and away from the problem allowed it to work and he could start his car again!!!!

Nova_Houch7
16-08-06, 11:37 PM
Control box is usually situated behind glovebox under dash, it will say wat type of clifford it is on the box (black)

Yeh did the key fob work when u went tosee the car, and have u drivin the car at all.

Tryed changing fob battery, connect siren just incase its that, but reason its probably disconnected is prob because its a falulty alarm that keeps goin off, so siren been taken off lol

L

Nova_Houch7
16-08-06, 11:42 PM
Also this might sound silly mate, but does your car actually run? . Is the battery not flat at all lol

L